Cakes in a Cup, San Angelo TX cupcake shop  » Business  »
2833 Southwest Blvd, San Angelo TX 76904
  • And honestly, if there was another cupcake place I think I'd find myself going there instead
  • At their old location, I never noticed this, it's just been in the past months

• by odis13

For San Angelo, this was the first cupcake shop in town. Originally working out of a corner of a flower shop, they have grown enough to get their own place (with more hours and Saturdays). I really only stop by when I’m in need of a sugar fix, but I’m not a regular. And honestly, if there was another cupcake place I think I’d find myself going there instead. But for now, if you want gourmet cupcakes, this is the place.

The good first. They have a great selection of cupcake creations.

The menu is so fun to look at. They usually have 5-6 kinds each day and the menu changes. They are willing to specifically make a requested flavor, if you are willing to order at least a dozen. You probably have to call to really find out what’s there, but there is usually something for everyone, they keep it varied each day. The cupcakes are beautiful, no doubt about that. The frosting is always piled high and the topping often match the “theme” of the cupcake.

The things that aren’t so good.

• The cupcakes themselves. Flavor is excellent, frosting and toppings are delightful, but the actual texture of the cupcakes leaves something to be desired. At their old location, I never noticed this, it’s just been in the past months. Are they getting lazy in their success? The cupcakes are usually dry and if you take them home, within an hour they are crusty and a little stale. This seems to be consistent across the flavors. Maybe it’s that I usually come at the end of the day? Still, if you are a cupcake
        shop you should have the baking part down. They aren’t so dry that I don’t occasionally stop in still, just enough that I don’t make a habit of it. The other complaint is the price. About $2.50 for “classic” flavors and $4 for their signature flavors. It the quality was a little better, I could better justify this, but as it is, I find that a little too expensive for a single cupcake. Overall, good for a yummy treat on occasion, just plan on eating it quickly or get at the beginning of the day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 416081587780631/k2311a086/8.6.12