No Marks, Youth Face Wash
  • Uneven skin tone and pigmentation is something that I never had a problem with until after giving birth
  • I like to use Indian skin care products as they claim to use natural ingredients
  • I bought the 60gms tube for S$4.90 which I think is a reasonable price for a cleanser
  • While I really enjoyed cleaning my face with it I didn’t see any improvement in the oiliness or the unevenness of my skin
  • I have used up the whole tube and I notice no difference at all

• by true_value

Uneven skin tone and pigmentation is something that I never had a problem with until after giving birth. I never thought I would have skin issues after pregnancy because while I was pregnant my skin looked so fine and I never had a single break out even though my skin type is oily and acne prone.

I was kind of unprepared for the skin issues I had to deal with post pregnancy. My skin got a lot oilier which was weird as while I was pregnant my skin was surprisingly dry/normal something that I never had experienced before. My pores became more visible and large, I began to have issues with dark under eye circles and pigmentations on my cheek.

Since I never had this type of skin issues before it really stressed me out and I wanted to find some way to get my skin back to normal again. I have changed my serums and moisturizers to the ones targeted towards uneven skin tones and pore

refining but nothing worked.

I spotted the No Marks, Youth Face Wash at the Indian store. I like to use Indian skin care products as they claim to use natural ingredients. The No Marks Youth Face Wash is no different. It comes in a clear squeeze tube and the cleanser appears a green tinted gel with dark green beads in it. The look of the bottle and the green color of the gel reminded me of the Himalaya Herbals Neem Face Wash but this one had the beads which the Himalaya Herbals Neem Face Wash does not.

On the tube No Marks describes the face wash to be a superior cleanser with sun protection, now I have seen a lot of face washes claiming to provide sun protection but I just don’t understand how it is possible as it gets rinsed off, unless it is going to leave some residue on the face. Anyways, on the back of the tube it says that it is formulated for young skin and

further goes to explain that in our youth, excessive exposure to environmental factors coupled with hormonal activities functioning at their peak, which makes our skin vulnerable to damage due to pigmentation, tanning and uneven skin tone.

Now I am certainly not a teenager but my skin does behave like one with all the oiliness and acne breakouts so I guessed I might as well give this a try.

I liked that the cleaner is a soap free gel with AHA and Vitamin A, C, E the milli-capsules which are the beads are claimed to be obtained from cucumber, aloe, carrot and lemon. No Marks claim that these vitamins act as anti-oxidants protecting the skin from effects of the sunrays, blemishes, dark patches and premature skin aging.

No Marks suggests that the vitamins in the Face Wash for Youth are specially contained in unique beads that protect the vitamins from direct contact of air & light, which may otherwise reduce the efficacy of the gel. When rubbed on face, these beads release the vitamins ...

• No Marks, Youth Face Wash
      directly onto the skin to act as anti-oxidants protecting the skin from harmful effects of the sun’s rays, pollution and early aging.

The claim that made me buy the face wash in the first place is its claim that it is especially formulated to maintain even skin tone. I don’t really bother much for its claim to provide superior cleansing and providing effective sun protection of which I am skeptic about. It claims that encapsulated beads gently dissolve to release actives that not only deep cleanse but also counter harmful effects of both UVA and UVB rays.

And finally that with regular use the cleanser would prevents darkening of skin and keeps it flawless, even-toned and supple. As for the ingredients list the active ingredients listed are Neem, Lemon and Clove.

Even though it claims to be an herbal product it does contain chemicals in the form of preservatives which are Benzalkonium chloride & Methylparaben sodium. It also has artificial colorings in it. But I didn’t see any mention of Alcohol

or Fragrances.

I bought the 60gms tube for S$4.90 which I think is a reasonable price for a cleanser.

The cleanser foams well and cleanses really well. In fact my skin felt squeaky clean after washing and very refreshing. The cleanser also has a pleasant herbal fragrance with a citrusy scent which comes from the lime in it. While I really enjoyed cleaning my face with it I didn’t see any improvement in the oiliness or the unevenness of my skin.

I have used up the whole tube and I notice no difference at all. I still have the pigmentations, the enlarged pores and the oiliness. But it is nice that at least the cleanser did not dry out my skin and also did not give me any break outs.

Overall I would say that it is a basic cleanser that gently cleanses the skin without over drying but does not do much for pores or pigmentation issues and about the sun protection I really don’t know if it really does.

riki says :

Does it help to remove stretch marks on the body?

Jules Li says :

Sorry but there’s no indication whatsoever that it would work to remove stretch marks. It’s intended for the face only. Like all moisturizers it would work as a stretch mark preventive, but it won’t work to remove stretch marks.

riki says :

Okay thanks for the reply. Do you know is there any other cream or lotion from same company No Marks which is specifically intended for removing stretch marks?

true value replies :

Hi they used to have it. But they don’t seem to have it anymore. Maybe they discontinued it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313081587640831/k2311a083/8.3.12