Prestige Deluxe Hard Anodized Pressure Handi - 3.3 Ltrs  » Housewares  »
  • I love cooking but I always try to find shorter ways of cooking so that I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen
  • Therefore I like to have in the kitchen cook wares that are fast, efficient, durable and low maintenance
  • After much consideration and research I found that Prestige cookers have come a long way and have incorporated safety features and are now actually very safe to use
  • The first one I bought was the stainless steel deluxe version and I had used it for 4 years and had no issues with it at all
  • However, I am really happy with my Prestige Hard Anodized Handi and would highly recommend it to everyone but I personally feel that the stainless version might be a better buy

• by true_value

I love cooking but I always try to find shorter ways of cooking so that I don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen. Therefore I like to have in the kitchen cook wares that are fast, efficient, durable and low maintenance.

To be honest I really can’t imagine my life without a pressure cooker. I mean even if I have other cooking mediums like the electric rice cooker and the microwave I still prefer to use the pressure cooker to cook not only rice and all kinds of curries and chicken dishes. They just make my life so much easier and cook faster than anything else.

My mother is a diehard fan of Hawkins pressure cookers. She always mentioned that she felt that the Hawkins pressure cookers were of better quality and provided better safety features than the other competitor Prestige. Hawkins and Prestige are the two major pressure and non-stick cookware brands in India

and have been around for ages. Perhaps the Hawkins brand might be even older I am not so sure about that.

The main difference between the Hawkins and the Prestige cookers is that with the Hawkins pressure cooker the lid fits in right into the main body and the lid which has a gasket around it plugs itself and then the lid is fastened to the handle. I guess that it is considered safer because in the event that the pressure is unable to release itself in case of a blockage in the whistle, the lid will not come out flying like the Prestige cookers. I have heard many cases where the lid of the Prestige cooker which closes from outside would actually come off the main body due to the unreleased pressure and could actually fly to the ceiling splattering all of the boiling hot food over whoever that was in the kitchen or all over the place.

While I do like the Hawkins pressure cooker I feel that it is difficult to keep the lid in proper shape and it kinds of gets flimsy over time and any dent on the neck of the main body will make the pressure to leak.

After much consideration and research I found that Prestige cookers have come a long way and have incorporated safety features and are now actually very safe to use. Personally I always preferred the design of the Prestige cooker over the traditional Hawkins cookers as they cook classier except of course the Hawkins Futura (which I also own) that cannot be beaten for its ever classic futuristic look.

The Prestige Deluxe Hard Anodized Handi is my second purchase of Prestige Pressure cookers. The first one I bought was the stainless steel deluxe version and I had used it for 4 years and had no issues with it at all. So ...

• Prestige Deluxe Hard Anodized Pressure Handi - 3.3 Ltrs
      I went ahead and bought my next purchase from the same brand.

This pressure cooker is called the Handi because of its unique shape. The main body of the pressure cooker is curved rather than the usual straight body. It does still have the flat bottom but the sides are curved like a bowl. While the rest remains the same as a regular pressure cooker.

The other reason why I went for the Anodized version is because of my good experience with the Hawkins Futura 5 liters which makes it easy to clean and it looks good as well. Mine is a family of so I wanted to get a smaller cooker and hence I got the 3.3 Liters which is perfect.

Prestige describes the Pressure Handi to me made of hard-anodized body and lid, scratch and stick resistant with easy opening and closing features, heavier body for durability, extra strong lugs for safety, ergonomically designed

stay cool handles, unique pressure indicator rises to let you know that cooker is under pressure and multiple safety features.

I think the curved shape makes it great for stirring curries or even to fluff up rice after it has finished cooking. Just like the Hawkins Futura it is easy to clean and food does not stick on it. I also feel that because of the curved design it seems to be able to hold more than the regular cookers and is able to fit in a lot more ingredients.

The only thing I noticed is that the food cooked in the anodized cooker seems to get spoilt faster than the one cooked in the stainless cooker. I don’t know if it happens because the anodized body retains moisture.

However, I am really happy with my Prestige Hard Anodized Handi and would highly recommend it to everyone but I personally feel that the stainless version might be a better buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 533081587630731/k2311a083/8.3.12