Revlon PhotoReady Powder in Fair/Light  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I’d noticed that the cosmetics companies were coming out with a lot of new and different kinds of powders that promised immaculate coverage
  • I decided to switch it up and try the Revlon PhotoReady Powder instead
  • Actually, I think it would work better as a blush brush for the L’Oreal one sweep blush than the brush they provide with their product since this brush has much softer bristles
  • I’m disappointed because the name of the product is misleading

• by cmurray081981

I had been using Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation for several years but was getting tired of using the same old product. I’d noticed that the cosmetics companies were coming out with a lot of new and different kinds of powders that promised immaculate coverage. I don’t like how foundation looks, especially the liquid kind, but do like a powder that offers a flawless appearance and reduces the natural shine I get from having oily skin. I also liked that this has SPF 14 built into it since I have very fair skin that burns easily. I

decided to switch it up and try the Revlon PhotoReady Powder instead.

The powder has a sparkly appearance to it that gives the impression it has a shimmery quality. It also comes with a small, wide but thin brush that looks like it would work much better for applying blush. Actually, I think it would work better as a blush brush for the L’Oreal one sweep blush than the brush they provide with their product since this brush has much softer bristles. However, I don’t like using the brush provided for this powder. Too much product accumulates ...

• on the brush because it’s so thin and it makes a big mess of the powder, spreading it around in the case and dropping it all over the counter. It does not go on very well either. It does reduce my oiliness but does not appear to add any luminosity to my skin like the shimmery look would suggest. This powder looks like it just sits on your face instead of absorbing and blending in. It certainly does not give my skin the flawless photo ready appearance that the name of the product suggests.

I even tried

using this product with a large foundation brush and I still got the same results. I may try to use a sponge applicator like the kind that comes with the Cover Girl powder, but I’m not sure how much more time, expense and effort I want to put into trying to make this product work. I’m disappointed because the name of the product is misleading. The Simply Powder foundation works much better and is also less expensive. I will not be paying $12 for this powder when I can get a better product for about half that with Cover Girl.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312081587450731/k2311a082/8.2.12