Hairagami www.pins  » Cosmetics  »
  • The pins cost about $5 for a set of four, which is more than enough for holding most styles
  • I found that I had to add the other two pins to get a secure hold, but finally I had found a tool that allowed me to wear my hair in a sleek French twist without using a hair claw
  • I highly recommend these pins to anyone looking for tools to help them make their own creative and unique hair styles

• by cmurray081981

I purchased the Hairagami www.pins to help me with creating a bun and to messily pin up my hair when I’ve slept in it with the Conair pillow rollers, which can be used to create tight curls. I also wanted to try making a French twist with them. The pins cost about $5 for a set of four, which is more than enough for holding most styles.

These pins are actually quite a bit larger than I expected. They are about 2 inches across which is good for holding a larger portion of hair, but when I use them to secure a bun in place you can see the ends sticking out. The directions that are included with the pins are not great. They only show a picture of a woman with a finished style that assumingly uses the pins but you cannot see them. The directions only

state to drag up the pin and push it down like a comb. It doesn’t even tell you how to push it in or to turn it over. However, the directions for a French twist which I only found after doing a Google search give much better directions and also provide illustrations of how to properly use the pins if you’re not familiar with using a hair comb.

To complete the French twist using the pins, you start by twisting your hair all the way up from the back of your head to the crown and tuck in the ends. Start by tucking in one of the www pins with the tips facing towards the top of the twist. Next, flip the pin over and push it in. Do the same thing at the bottom to secure the twist. I found that I had to add the ...

• other two pins to get a secure hold, but finally I had found a tool that allowed me to wear my hair in a sleek French twist without using a hair claw. I was excited since I’d never been able to pull that style off on my own before. Since I got shorter layers cut in my hair I do have issues getting all the pieces to stay tucked in, but I’ve learned it’s best to leave down the top layer of my hair that’s shortest or use styling wax so it stays in place.

When I use these for a bun, I secure my hair with a ponytail holder first and then twist the tail until it starts to wrap back up on itself. I twirl the tail around the ponytail holder to hide it and form the bun. I then stick a www.pin in each

quadrant of the bun: top, bottom, right and left. This does a pretty good job of securing the bun, but again my layered hair does often fall out a bit. It’s not the sleek bun I would prefer but I just don’t think it’s possible unless my hair was the same length.

I do like these pins because they are not too difficult to figure out, unlike the Hairagami bun maker. Basically, they are like a Goody Spin Pin (except for the shape, of course) in that they offer the strength of multiple bobby pins. Because the pins are not made for any particular style at all, like the Hairagami Hair Yoga or Le Loom, you can be creative and find lots of other uses for them. I highly recommend these pins to anyone looking for tools to help them make their own creative and unique hair styles.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312081587440731/k2311a082/8.2.12