Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine, Leave-in Conditioning Cream
  • I found this product and read the reviews on it and figured it was worth a try
  • I think this is the best product I have bought all year because it works so well
  • I love the fact that this product is cheaper than some of the other high-end products
  • I like that this is packaged in a squeeze bottle and is easy to open and close with one hand
  • I recommend it for dry, damaged, over-processed, overly-curly and normal hair

• by Aphrodite

I have two little boys in the house who are are African-American and both have different types of hair. One boy’s hair is soft and curly so it tangles and knots quite a bit and the other has tight, kinky coils that are difficult to comb through. In the past we shaved his head a lot trying to get the hair to grow in softer but it didn’t help. I found this product and read the reviews on it and figured

it was worth a try.

This conditioner is wonderful for dry, curly or frizzy hair. I think this is the best product I have bought all year because it works so well. I previously washed their hair once per week and did conditioner only washes to keep their scalps from drying out. With this conditioner, I wash their hair with tear-free shampoo, towel dry and apply a half-dollar size amount of the product and work it through the hair.

We bathe the boys about every other day so we use it often. When the hair dries it is so soft, even the tight, kinky curls relax and feel softer. It is the only product I have tried that does this. I can now comb both boys’ hair and their hair feels so much better.

I love the fact that this product is cheaper than some of the other high-end products. I get it for less than $5 and it is even cheaper through Amazon.

• Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine, Leave-in Conditioning Cream
      I love the Garnier product line, they work just as well as the more expensive products.

I like that this is packaged in a squeeze bottle and is easy to open and close with one hand. It makes the hair soft and shiny, and can be used on wet or dry hair. I have used both methods and they work equally well. The cream is thick and not greasy so it goes on well and soaks in right away. I pour a

little in the boy’s hands and they help me work it in.

I have not found anything I do not like about it. It is a quality product, affordably priced and works better than anything else I’ve used.

This product is good for all hair types. I recommend it for dry, damaged, over-processed, overly-curly and normal hair. The more dry the hair, the larger amount you should use. For normal hair, I would use a dime-sized amount worked in from roots to tips.

drea says :

I just started using this product on my daughters hair, whom is multiracial.It does work miracles on her long curly hair. It makes it shine,smell good,and helps keep the frizz under control. I love it.

Aphrodite replies :

I love it for the boy’s hair, I can sure tell the difference when I don’t use it.

shayna says :

I like using this product tames my hair.

SUMAN says :

amazing results i have seen in this website about garnier. yes i will try this product. i think garnier is always NO 1 COMPANY who launches amazing products.

Mindy Simms says :

My grand son has the kinky tight spiral curls. The poor kid gets picked on for his afro and he is a 7 year old white boy. I have found that this leave-in conditioner does soften and loosen the curls. However I have noticed that if you use to much it can leave the hair feeling greasy so use moderation with this product.

Galega says :

Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine, Leave-in Conditioning Cream can definitely be used daily. I have regularly used it during my college days without any issues. I think the problem may be because of the amount of conditioner. One should take the amount which can evenly distributed to the whole scalp without giving a feeling of greasy hair.

Erica says :

This is a great product with so many different uses. I like to use it right when I get out of the shower on my wet hair, it makes brushing my hair much easier and once it’s dry, it is nice and shiny. I also like using it on hot, muggy days because it reduces the amount of frizz. It also smells very nice. Be careful that you don’t use too much or use too closely to your roots because it will make your hair look and feel very greasy.

Melissa says :

Does anyone have any experience using this leave-in in a hot and humid climate?

My usual leave-in from conditioners do not work with the high humidity in Singapore as they make my hair greasy and gives it a disgustingly artificial texture, not to mention that my hair just puffs up the moment I step out of my house…

If it works despite the humidity, I am seriously considering this because of the good reviews.

Erica says :

It’s nice in high humidity situations, but if you use too much your hair feels and looks greasy, I try and use Frizz-Ease Secret weapon. You can dap some of that on your roots without worrying if it will make your hair greasy and it works instantly.

nitakb says :

I experienced the same issue of using too much my hair, I found that if I used it every other day and also applying just on the parts of my hair that is the most prone to frizz, works the best. Also for humidity I combine with a little Tresemme anti-friz cream.

Ari Mallard says :

Yes I have used this product for years in both Washington state and Texas. I see the same results with it in both climates. I have extremely curly hair so I do use more than this product in my hair to control frizz. But this definitely makes my hair feel softer.

Deepti says :

I have tried Garnier Fructus Shampoo and Conditioner for Fall Fight and I love using their product as it has really helped with my falling hair. Not tried Sleek-n-Shine Cream but would love to try it, with all the positive recommendations.

Olivia says :

I have curly hair which can get frizzy at times, if I use this after I take a shower I have no worries It keeps down the frizz and softens my hair (:

Sabrina says :

I myself love the sleek and shine products and use them myself for my curly hair Their product for straightening works pretty well too.

Amanda says :

I found that if I use it too near to the time I straighten my hair, even in moderation, my hair feels greasy.

Joanna says :

Hi,

The greasiness also comes from the heat of the straightening iron. I would suggest using this product while your hair is wet and letting your hair air dry. You shouldn’t straighten your hair while its wet anyway so letting your hair dry will better protect it and keep the greasiness down. Hope this helps.

Jessica says :

re : I found this product and read the reviews on it and figured it was worth a try
The leave in conditioner works excellent in my hair and in my husband’s, both of use have long hair. His I’d very curly and mine has a lot of getaways. After using this product, it does leave my hair very soft and more manageable. Very nice product.

Teairra Beavers says :

I’ve had this in my bathroom for years. It works very well in a pinch if your hair just is not cooperating or if you have thick and messy hair like mine and need a little extra de-tangling magic.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311081587370731/k2311a081/8.1.12