North States Superyard Play Yard, Classic XT  » Baby care  »
  • In my opinion this play yard is OK for small babies who are not walking yet

• by Aphrodite

I had been wanting to buy this play yard ever since I saw it on Amazon. The price wasn’t bad compared to other playpens and play yards. We bought this one for $69 plus tax and shipping, I checked WalMart and Target and they were all pretty close in price for this particular one.

I couldn’t wait to get it because I have a very energetic 17 month old who has learned to walk and now gets into

everything. He pokes buttons on the TV and turns the computer on and off and we get tired chasing him away from these areas all day long.

This product was not what I was expecting. It is a hard plastic, hexagon-shaped play yard that can be used indoors or outdoors. It is all one piece except for the ends that snap together to close. There are holes in it that my toddler has gotten his toes caught on and actually ripped one of the toenails on his pinkie toe.

It is made of sturdy plastic so it is not a cheap product, it just does not perform as well as I hoped. My toddler pushes it off the rug I have it sitting on and has tipped it over a few times. He can also lift it and crawl out from under it.

The panels can be shaped to fit odd corners but if your child pushes ...

• North States Superyard Play Yard, Classic XT
      it, it collapses that panel. I have also used it outside when we had a BBQ in the back yard. It is harder to push on sand so it is a bit more stable and stays put. It comes with sponge pads to put on the bottom side so it does not scratch tile but they do not keep it from sliding around when my little boy decides to follow me in the kitchen.

I have seen these same

play yards used for dogs and that would probably be fine since dogs do not climb and do things like kids. In my opinion this play yard is OK for small babies who are not walking yet. It just does not work for toddlers who can stand and walk. It is spacious to accommodate toys and play things and a couple of children either inside or outside. It also folds and fits in the trunk of the car for day trips.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541081587360731/k2311a081/8.1.12