Escondido Humane Society
3450 Valley Parkway Escondido, CA 92025
  • Unfortunately I don't have much to say about adopting a dog here because I have only ever adopted kittens
  • Providing a bag of the food allowed me to slowly wean my kitten off of it and then give it the food I bought without it getting sick

• by ashnicole49

Escondido Humane society has been my go to place whenever I’m looking to adopt a pet especially a cat. Since I discovered the Escondido Humane Society I have adopted two kittens and both of them never had any health problems and are well behaved. Now many people might not think that the health and behaviour has anything to do with the humane society it comes from but it is a factor. For example I adopted a kitten from another animal shelter in Chula Vista, CA and she has special needs which the shelter didn’t inform me of as well as her stomach is extremely saggy because when you spayed her they didn’t do it right so the stitches came loose and now her stomach is permanently hanging down almost to the ground.

More about the Escondido Humane Society; they offer literally hundreds of kittens and cats which is great because you have so many types, ages, and colours of cats to

choose from and you are able to play with them in room if you would like to before you take them home. Also they have volunteers who come in just to play with the cats so all of the cats play well and are usually friendly since they are played with.

Escondido Humane Society also has a large variety of dogs to choose from however they don’t have too many puppies but that is because puppies get adopted fast and also because dogs run away more than cats to so I assume older dogs get brought in more than puppies. They also have someone who volunteers and comes in to walk the dogs which is great because sometimes at other shelters dogs don’t get walked and when you adopt them you have to train them on a leash. Unfortunately I don’t have much to say about adopting a dog here because I have only ever adopted kittens.

When it comes ...

• to bringing your new friend home they provide you with everything you need including a bag of the food they have been feeding them there. This may seem silly but its very important because if you switch a pets food all of a sudden that they are use to it can make them very sick and throw up every time they eat. I didn’t know this until they told me this. Providing a bag of the food allowed me to slowly wean my kitten off of it and then give it the food I bought without it getting sick.

Also all pets get a behavioural exam before taking it home which is good but if the staff thinks anything is wrong with the pets behaviour you wont be able to adopt it.

The staff here are always helpful and willing to answer any questions you can tell all of the staff have a love for pets.

The only complaint I have about the

Escondido Humane society is its a little bit hard to find because its in the back part of Escondido and directions on MapQuest weren’t to clear so you might want to keep there phone number on hand in case you need someone to better direct you there.

Below I will list all of the adoption fees they are pretty reasonable and include spay/neuter, and all vaccines for cats and dogs and all shots needed for the other pets listed.

$110 for Puppies and Kittens up to 6 months old $85 for Adult Dogs and Cats (6 months - 7 years) $55 for Senior Dogs and Cats (animals over 7 years old) “Best Buddies”: Adopt one adult cat at the regular fee and the second adult cat’s fee is waived! (Does not include humane adoptions) $45 for Rabbits $10 for Guinea Pigs $5 for Hamsters, Rats and Mice

Overall I still rate the Escondido Humane Society a 10 and don’t think the difficulty in finding it should lower the rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291081587320631/k2311a081/8.1.12