El Rinconcito Colombiano restaurant  » Restaurants  »
5653 Johnson St Hollywood, FL 33021
  • I couldn't wait to eat, so I ordered some empanadas(delicious but rather greasy) and a coconut little ice cream pop from the bakery, which appeared to be full of other goodies

• by carrothree

I went here tonight in wonderful Hollywood, Florida while vacationing with my boyfriend. I was craving South American food so I looked up restaurants in the area with cheap coupons available. I settled on this little hole in the wall less than three miles from the Hard Rock and I must say was pleased.

When I called to ask if they were serving dinner and if they were taking coupons, I was greeted cheerfully on the phone and welcomed

in. Even when I was seated the staff were all pleasant and helpful, not frustrated, even though their English was not good. The ambiance is decent to fair, with cut-out wallpaper on the wall to make it look authentic. The bathrooms were clean and it smelled great. I couldn’t wait to eat, so I ordered some empanadas(delicious but rather greasy) and a coconut little ice cream pop from the bakery, which appeared to be full of other goodies.

We ...

• both ordered grilled meats, which came on sizzling skillets, with two full plates of soft rice, fresh salad, and sweet plantains. He got churrasco beef and I got a mixed grill of pork, chicken, and flank steak. My pork and chicken were excellent, moist and tender, but my steak was very dry and overcooked, even though I ordered it medium rare, but that was most likely due to the thinness of the meat. His steak was flavorful but
        tough. The chimichurri was delicious and the chili sauce that came with the meal was spicy and refreshing. I had a fifteen dollar off coupon, totaling my meal including tax and tip at $31.71. Pricey without a coupon, especially for the lack of ambiance at the restaurant, but I took home an entire dinner because there was so much food. If I am in the area with a coupon I will go back and expect to not finish my dinner!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71081587300631/k2311a081/8.1.12