Chronicle (Movie )
  • I think that it is really cool when films capture that sort of realness that Chronicle had in that regard
  • Steve had a solid story and I really enjoyed any time he was on screen because he was just an all around likable guy
  • Matt sadly was the least developed of the trio but I thought if expanded on more he could have been my favorite
  • The one big problem I had with this movie would have to be the special effects
  • I love that I went in thinking that this was the origin of a superhero, when in reality it was the religion of a super villain, that twist sold me on this movie halfway through it

• by EntertainmentCritic

First off, I’m going to say although I don’t absolutely love the found footage genre, I absolutely without a doubt loved Chronicle. Of course I had my problems with it but at the end of the day it was a really good movie. My favorite thing about this film is that it is a fresh take on Superhero films. Somehow I had managed to miss the trailers for Chronicle when it was in theaters, so I went into the movie thinking it was going to be the origin of three superheroes. Boy was I wrong…

Ok I guess I’ll start of with the plot. I’m not going to get

too spoilery because if you haven’t seen the movie you really should. Well the premise of the movie is simple there is a nerdy loner type high school kid named Andrew, his cousin Matt, who is just your average teenager, and Steve the popular kid and class president. These three kids find a literal hole in the ground and receive telekinetic powers from the object that is in the hole. From there wacky teen mischief happens! My favorite part of the movie is that what these kids do with powers is exactly what I, a teenaged guy, would do with powers. I think that it is really cool
      when films capture that sort of realness that Chronicle had in that regard.

The characters are written well enough for this movie, some are better written than others though. Andrew was probably my favorite character though (It was probably intended for that to happen because he was the most developed character), I actually felt legitametily sorry for him because so many people would do the same thing if they were in his position. Steve had a solid story and I really enjoyed any time he was on screen because he was just an all around likable guy. Matt sadly was the least developed of the trio but I thought ...

• Chronicle (Movie )
      if expanded on more he could have been my favorite. The only other characters I can think of is the girl with the camera and Andrew’s dad and really I didn’t see enough of them to really judge them, but I guess they did well enough. Overall I think the acting was solid.

The one big problem I had with this movie would have to be the special effects. Now don’t get me wrong I didn’t have a probIem with all of them… I absolutely loved the flying sequences and pretty much anything that did not involve moving small objects. For example the whole baseball scene and the Lego

thing. It just looked cheap compared to the higher scale cooler stuff. Considering the small budget the movie had I guess I can let that slide though. The camer work was surprisingly beautiful and really helped the story move along.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie and I thought it was a breath of fresh air in a genre that is highly populated with monotonous but enjoyable movies.

I have one more thing to say:

Spoiler:

I love that I went in thinking that this was the origin of a superhero, when in reality it was the religion of a super villain, that twist sold me on this movie halfway through it.

sahil taneja says :

Chronicle is not really a superhero movie. It uses its themes but none of the characters are using their powers for virtues and justice.

Rey Jean Medel says :

You’re right ,Chronicle movie is not a very good story, it depicts arrogance and irresponsibility,the people that acquired the powers were not very responsible. They characters just showed that they can’t take control of what they have and took advantage of it.But it made us realize that we should be very careful for what we posses and vengeance has never been a key to happiness.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111081587290631/k2311a081/8.1.12