Matrix Essentials Sleek Look Shampoo 1  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought this shampoo after watching a YouTube video that suggested several products to help keep hair shiny and healthy while boosting growth
  • Matrix Essentials is definitely a high end product, but if you are really looking for a product to improve the overall quality and health of your hair, this shampoo is totally worth it
  • I picked up the large Matrix Essentials Sleek Look shampoo at Target, and I paid almost $30 for the 33.8oz bottle
  • Within the first use of this product, I noticed a difference in my hair
  • It's definitely a product I recommend for those wanting a boost in their hair's health

• by Melanie Noell

I bought this shampoo after watching a YouTube video that suggested several products to help keep hair shiny and healthy while boosting growth. I am extremely happy with this product, and I still haven’t had any build-up problems from overuse after at least 4 months of using the product!

Matrix Essentials is definitely a high end product, but if you are really looking for a product to improve the overall quality and health of your hair, this shampoo is totally worth it. I picked up the large Matrix Essentials Sleek Look shampoo at Target, and I paid almost $30 for the 33.8oz bottle. I was just about out of shampoo and the price for the larger one per ounce beat out the smaller bottle, so I went with the big bottle. I’m so glad I did!

Within the first use of this product,

I noticed a difference in my hair. A big difference. I had been bleaching and toning my hair about once a month, and although I use oils and deep conditioners, it was definitely taking a toll on my fine hair, leaving it feeling very dry and brittle after styling with my hot flat iron. I went home and washed my hair with this, and even without using conditioner, my hair felt so much smoother. It felt as though the cuticles had been smoothed down on each individual hair - my hair actually felt like hair again! I put a bit of leave-in conditioner in before blow drying it, and even dry the difference was amazing. It was shinier, smoother, and much more manageable. It also seemed less frizzy than normal, which was fantastic for my wavy to curly, fine and frizzy hair.

Of course, I’ve had plenty of instances when switching to a new shampoo will give great results for a week or two because it strips any build-up of old product out then leaves its own deposits. After two weeks, I was still impressed. It had become normal to have smooth feeling hair, and it had even improved in its sleekness since my first wash or two. It has now been four months and my hair feels great. I stopped bleaching my hair last month, which may have had an added benefit, but I definitely accredit most of the improved quality and manageability of my hair to Sleek Look. Even without a conditioner, your hair feels really soft after using this product.

Although Matrix is expensive, you will be surprised at how much lather and cleanliness you get from a small dollop of shampoo.

• Matrix Essentials Sleek Look Shampoo 1
      I have mid-length hair, reaching past my shoulders, and I honestly only need a dime sized dollop and a single wash. Because I have fine hair, I don’t wash my hair every day, either, and that small amount still leaves my hair feeling clean and soft. If I’ve worked out and worked up a sweat, I sometimes do a second wash with an even smaller amount of shampoo, but its really just for my own sake - my hair doesn’t really get much cleaner than the first time. It creates a surprisingly large amount of lather which I really like because it reassures me that my hair is getting clean. I know you don’t need lather to get hair clean, but it does feel nice when you are washing. This shampoo lathers up great!

A few more great things about this product. The

bottle says it controls frizz and helps your hair fend off humidity, a claim that I never really believe. However, I do notice a difference with my hair not getting frizzy in humidity like it used to - it does, however, still get wavy if I’m out in enough humidity. They recommend that you use this product with other like products - the conditioner and leave-in creme, but I get great results using a different leave-in product. It could make it a little better, but this product is great on its own, too. My only real complaint is that I don’t see anything about animal testing, which is something I will look into before purchasing it again.

Living up to its name, Sleek Look shampoo leaves hair healthier, shinier, and smelling great. It’s definitely a product I recommend for those wanting a boost in their hair’s health.

Reported prices :
15.77 USDwalmart.com

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130071586920431/k2311a0730/7.30.12