Pond’s Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream
  • I'm only 26, but I have always read that the best way to prevent wrinkles and maintain great skin is to start preventative skin care early
  • Since night creams like this one mostly just give you an extra boost of moisture with a bit of anti-aging ingredients, I decided to give Pond's a try
  • I bought this product at Target in a small, travel-size package because I wanted to test it out before committing to it
  • It definitely gave me a more radiant, youthful appearance
  • I would recommend others to shop around and see if other products give them adverse effects before dedicating to this one, especially during summer time

• by Melanie Noell

I’m only 26, but I have always read that the best way to prevent wrinkles and maintain great skin is to start preventative skin care early. Since night creams like this one mostly just give you an extra boost of moisture with a bit of anti-aging ingredients, I decided to give Pond’s a try. I’ve seen an improvement in the softness of my skin, but it’s not something I can use every day.

I bought this product at Target in a small, travel-size package because I wanted to test it out before committing to it. The travel size is under 2 oz and only a few dollars, so it was a good trial period. I don’t tend to use much, so that first product actually lasted me quite a while, using it once a day (just at night) and applying a small amount to my face (not my neck.) I liked the way my skin felt - soft, hydrated - and I felt like there was an extra plumpness to areas

around my lips and eyes. It definitely gave me a more radiant, youthful appearance. I did end up buying a larger jar - 7oz for about $10-$11, and that has lasted me quite a long time at the slow rate at which I use the product. I also knew I would be traveling, so I bought another one of the travel-sized jars and took it with me on a trip to South Africa.

I had been using this product for about three months by the time I traveled to South Africa in May, and I was really quite happy with it. I think the only thing I had really noticed that was negative was that my face had a tendency to get a bit greasier when it was humid outside, but otherwise, the product really gave me a boost of moisture and to me, it smoothed out the slight laugh lines on my face just a bit. Enough to make me happy. Unfortunately, up until that point, I hadn’t really been

out in the sun much because the weather had been quite chilly. I went to Africa with my Pond’s Rejuveness cream in May, and despite having olive skin that rarely burns, I found my entire face red after a day out in the sun. I was really confused because no other parts of my body were red. I wore sunscreen the next day, and still, I seemed to get redder on my face. It wasn’t unbearable or anything, but enough to sting a bit and be an unattractive pink color. Finally, the third morning, as I was getting ready, I looked at my jar of Pond’s and noticed a warning that said to limit sun exposure. Apparently, the retinol has a tendency to make skin more sensitive to the sun and causes you to burn more easily. I had to quit the product immediately and slather on sunscreen double because the sun in Africa is much more intense. I think this product is fine if you spend a small amount ...
      • Pond's Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream
      of time in the sun, or if you plan on using it during winter months when you spend time indoors; however, you will definitely notice a sun sensitivity to your skin if you spend large amounts of time outdoors in bright sunlight.

I’m not sure if it’s entirely related, but around the time of getting burnt, I also got a bit bumpy on my forehead, like a teen during puberty. I can’t say for sure whether it can be accredited to the Pond’s Rejuveness cream, but it did come at a weird timing. My suggestion for others interested in using the product is to avoid extensive sun exposure and really pay attention to whether or not your skin reacts to the cream with any adverse effects.

Another oddity about this product is a bit less daunting, but still weird to me. As an anti-wrinkle, anti-aging cream, I would think the formula would be created for the sensitive skin surrounding the eyes, a major area that shows aging. However, even when I don’t apply cream directly to the skin around my eyes, my eyes sting and become irritated by traces of the product getting too close. I have to make quite an effort to keep the product far away from my eyes, which is quite a pain.

For what the product does, it’s not really worth all the hassle in my opinion. At least not at my age. It does give you an excellent moisture boost, but I have limited my use to once every few days, maybe twice a week. I hate having to avoid the sun because of this product, and I’m still wary of the breakout. Since using the product less, I still get that extra boost of moisture and plumpness to my skin without the sun sensitivity. I would recommend others to shop around and see if other products give them adverse effects before dedicating to this one, especially during summer time. It does give nice results from a preventative standpoint, but you’ll have to decide whether it’s worth the possible side effects.

Pond's Rejuveness Anti-Wrinkle Cream
lhei says :

Pold’s Facial wash

I Started using a pold’s facial wash during my first year in high school, i was really surprise how the pold’s give me so smooth feeling that day, since then i started to use that product, it is really worth it. all these years i have been using pold’s facial wash, makes me feel young all the time..

Melanie Noell replies :

I’ve never tried the facial wash - I wonder if it has the retinol in it. I do love the way the moisturizer makes my skin feels in terms of smoothness, but the fact that it reacts in the sunlight and burns my skin is awful. I like being outdoors and in the sun way too much to use this product now.

Moh Gob says :

You should try it on a small part of your skin, like the back of your hand, and see the effect of it first.

Melanie Noell replies :

Good idea I will have to give that a try because I agree about how smooth the products make the skin Thank you

Budda says :

re : I’m only 26, but I have always read that the best way to prevent wrinkles and maintain great skin is to start preventative skin care early
your 26 stop worrying about wrinkles,unless your starting to get them.Get out and live

Melanie Noell replies :

Putting moisturizer on my skin is part of my normal routine, so I don’t think that this is preventing me from living my life. I’m sorry you feel that way, but I take care of myself from the inside out which includes getting out and “living” and being active. Changing moisturizers is literally zero effort when considering it’s part of my daily routine, anyway.

nitakb says :

Preventative skin care is always good especially if you start before the wrinkles are too deep set and be can’t done away without surgery. Eating a good diet, full fruits and vegetables, plenty of water and staying moisturized helps the skin a lot too along with helpful products like anti-wrinkle cream. Also protecting skin from the sun as much as possible is also a good way to help the skin stay wrinkle free. Stress also takes a toll too believe it or not.

Melanie Noell replies :

Thanks for all the tips. I definitely eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and stay active in addition to selecting daily beauty products designed to maintain skin firmness and collagen production. The stress is a bit harder to manage, but thanks for the suggestion

quick note by anonymous :

I used this product everyday for about 3 months and thought it was wonderful. However, I also notice that when i am in the sun (I boat and live in Florida), that anywhere I had applied this, I develop a very reddish rash. I am stopping this. My age is 63.

Galega says :

You should go out in the Sun exposure only after applying a good sun protection cream. And, that should be applied at least half an hour after you are done with this cream. It will be even better in your case if you apply Pond’s Rejuveness Cream in the night before going to the bed. I don’t see any issue of allergic reaction in your case.

Tina Dennis says :

I have tried Neutrogena anti wrinkle face wash and it is very gentle. I have super sensitive skin and I am getting older and am into anti wrinkle products. The Neutrogena is dermatologist approved. It actually helps keep your skin soft and smooth. It is not drying to your skin. It’s a product worth the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130071586870431/k2311a0730/7.30.12