Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Conditioner
  • I bought this conditioner when I was bleaching my hair a lot and was in serious need of a moisture boost
  • Although I normally buy cheap conditioners and just use them a lot, I decided to treat myself when I selected this Organix Macadamia Oil Conditioner
  • I really enjoy the Organix products and I love how it leaves my hair, though I wish it felt a bit creamier when I put it on
  • It's not a bad price for a decent conditioner, and I consider it about middle of the road in terms of price, and slightly higher than middle of the road in terms of quality
  • I'd definitely recommend it to others despite the thin consistency

• by Melanie Noell

I bought this conditioner when I was bleaching my hair a lot and was in serious need of a moisture boost. Although I normally buy cheap conditioners and just use them a lot, I decided to treat myself when I selected this Organix Macadamia Oil Conditioner. I really enjoy the Organix products and I love how it leaves my hair, though I wish it felt a bit creamier when I put it on.

I bought my Organix conditioner for about $7 at Target for a 13oz bottle. It’s not a bad price for a decent conditioner, and I consider it about middle of the road in terms of price, and slightly higher than middle of the road in terms of quality.

I have to admit I’m also really a big fan of the bottle design (it’s smooth, short and has some great typography and color design work) which influenced my decision to get this product. Another big influencing factor was the fact that macadamia oil was a main ingredient - Organix also sells conditioners with a host of other oils as the main ingredient - and I have always had good result when using macadamia oil on my hair.

From a superficial standpoint, the product smells absolutely fantastic. It is like a tropical beach - exactly what I want from my hair products, especially during the summer months. It’s probably my favorite smelling hair product ever. Unfortunately, the look of the conditioner

itself is not the greatest. Most conditioners have a bit of weight to them, the thickness reassuring me that it is full of thick, fatty oils that will deposit great moisturizing benefits onto every strand of hair. Although conditioners like that can also weigh down hair, it still feels reassuring to have a thick conditioner. Organix on the other hand is a bit runny, and not very impressive. The runny texture makes it a bit difficult to handle, and unless you ensure that you hair doesn’t have ANY excess moisture before you put the conditioner in, the conditioner can sort of slide right off the wet strands. This wouldn’t be a problem for a leave in conditioner, or a product ...

• Organix Hydrating Macadamia Oil Conditioner
      intended to be applied when your hair is dry, but for a conditioner intended to be applied while showering, the texture is very difficult to work with. You end up losing a lot of the product (wasting it) and having to reapply conditioner to make sure you have gotten all of your hair.

Does the runny texture effect how the conditioner treats your hair? Absolutely not. It still deposits a lot of moisture and leaves your hair feeling smoother and shinier. It does, however, make you use more product and have to purchase a new bottle sooner, thus wasting money. The product itself works just fine, but it does get expensive fast! I don’t like to use this conditioner every time

I wash my hair for fear of build up, but it may be an irrational fear since the runny texture would likely not cause too much build up.

Organix is also a very socially conscious company, so it feels good to buy this product. Even if you have to buy it often. The bottles are eco-friendly: they are made of recycled material and are themselves recyclable. Organix also prints on each bottle that the product is not tested on animals.

Overall, I enjoy this conditioner, though I hate having to buy it so frequently. It’s one of the best smelling products ever, has a beautiful bottle, conditions my hair well and doesn’t test on animals. I’d definitely recommend it to others despite the thin consistency.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130071586860431/k2311a0730/7.30.12