Philosophy Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath in Candy Cane  » Cosmetics  »
  • I love buying bath products that put me in the mood for the holidays, and Philosophy is one of my favorite brands for awesome, seasonal products
  • I have the rest of the Candy Cane line as well, so I decided to purchase the Candy Cane Shower Gel which plays triple duty as a bubble bath and shampoo as well
  • I am a big fan of this product, and it's one of the best smelling in the Candy Cane line
  • The shower gel definitely does not have that issue and is much closer to the scent of the lip gloss which I absolutely adore
  • Overall, this is one of my favorite Philosophy products and I would recommend it to anyone, especially around Christmas time

• by Melanie Noell

I love buying bath products that put me in the mood for the holidays, and Philosophy is one of my favorite brands for awesome, seasonal products. I have the rest of the Candy Cane line as well, so I decided to purchase the Candy Cane Shower Gel which plays triple duty as a bubble bath and shampoo as well. I am a big fan of this product, and it’s one of the best smelling in the Candy Cane line.

I have previously reviewed the other Candy Cane products by Philosophy and mentioned that the lotion has an odd smell to it. The shower gel definitely does not have that issue and is

much closer to the scent of the lip gloss which I absolutely adore. This candy cane scented body gel has a strong kick of mint as soon as you open the bottle, but there is something sweet about it, too. It really does smell just as sugary sweet and minty as a candy cane. What’s better is when the body gel mixes with water and lathers into this really explosive yet refreshing smell that lingers on even after you’ve left the shower. It’s one of the nicest smelling body washes I’ve ever come across, regardless of my strong bias for mint-flavored products.

The product comes in the signature Philosophy bottle with it’s distinct sariff lettering, lower-case letters and fun description of the scent. It’s a bold statement in black and white, and despite my love of all things Christmas, I’m happy they didn’t go overboard with holiday cheer and make it white and red. It would have been a bit tacky for this very trendy brand. Also in true Philosophy fashion, this is a bit of an expensive product, but I choose to purchase it in a gift set so I get lots of other stuff along with it. The small 4 oz bottle lathers enough to get me all the way from Thanksgiving to New Years, and if you like it as ...

• Philosophy Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath in Candy Cane
      a seasonal treat, I recommend the small size so you don’t break your budget. (The gift package I get is about $15 for the lotion, lip gloss and 4 oz shower gel.)

I think it’s a bit odd that they sell this as a shampoo as well as a shower gel, though I definitely can attest to how well it works as a bubble bath! For some reason, it doesn’t seem to lather as much as other shampoos, so I typically choose to leave it as a shower gel and bubble bath only. It may have something to do with the consistency - it’s definitely stickier and thicker than most shower gels,

which is both a good thing and a bad thing. It’s a very concentrated product, so you can get a lot of use out of a small amount, but it can also leave your skin feeling a bit like there’s a film on it, even after you’ve rinsed. That’s probably the only problem I find with the product, but it definitely gives it a luxurious feel as you are washing.

Overall, this is one of my favorite Philosophy products and I would recommend it to anyone, especially around Christmas time. Even when it’s not the holiday season, I sometimes like to use what’s left because it is just such a refreshing scent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130071586840431/k2311a0730/7.30.12