Body Shop’s Vanilla and Tonka Bean Body, Room & Linen Spritz  » Housewares  »
  • I like shopping at Body Shop because of they don't test on animals, so I was really more than happy to try their room and linen sprays as opposed to more popular sprays like Fabreeze
  • Either way, I think it makes an absolutely fantastic home spray which is why I categorized it with the home products as opposed to cosmetics
  • It also makes a nice, adult scent for linens, though I don't think I would spray this in a child's room
  • I did have a slight issue with the bottle spritzing out sprays of liquid instead of mists, but after I messed with it a bit, I got it to work OK
  • I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a grown-up fragrance to fill their house with year round

• by Melanie Noell

I like shopping at Body Shop because of they don’t test on animals, so I was really more than happy to try their room and linen sprays as opposed to more popular sprays like Fabreeze. The Vanilla and Tonka Bean is my favorite spray, and I can use it just about any time of the year.

Body Shop’s line of “Body, Room and Linen” sprays are one of my new favorite products, probably just because I didn’t know about them for quite some time. However, I find it a bit odd that they market these as for both the body and the household. Although I’m sure it’s safe to use these on your body, I don’t really like mixing my household sprays with my body sprays. Either way, I think it makes an absolutely fantastic home spray which is why I categorized it with the home products as opposed to cosmetics. It’s just weird as a cosmetic when it can be used for the home!

As a home spray, this is such

a warm and inviting scent. The vanilla is a pretty common, recognizable scent, but what really gets me is the smell after the initial pop of vanilla. It’s a bit masculine, very warm and mixes so nicely with the vanilla. I think part of why I will never use this as a body spray is because I envision it as much more of a men’s smell than a woman’s. And while I like the warmth and masculinity for my home, I don’t like it for myself. The fragrance lasts quite a while once you spray it, and even as a lingering afterthought, it’s a very pleasant smell for the home. It also makes a nice, adult scent for linens, though I don’t think I would spray this in a child’s room. I have used it on my bed sheets on occasion, and it’s a very grown-up, sexy fragrance because of how complex it is. Like I said, not something you want to spray on your children’s sheets! However, it’s nice ...

• for a couple’s bed linens as long as you don’t spray too much since it can be a bit overpowering while you try to sleep. Another reason to use it on linens if you choose not to use it as a body spray is that it apparently has essential oils in it which are intended to soothe the mind. It’s a nice effect for clothing or bed linens to have just while you use them!

This product is a bit more expensive than the cheap linen spritzes like Fabreeze, but I think it’s definitely worth it. It’s a more grown-up smell, and I think it’s marketed to people who care about how their whole home smells - it’s not just for covering up bad smells! At $12 for a 3.3 oz bottle (I’ve only ever bought it online, so I’m not sure what the sizes are in the store since we don’t have one nearby anymore) it’s even a bit more expensive than the room sprays you might find at Pier

One, but I think the fragrance really makes up for the price. It’s a beautiful scent that you want to come home to in my opinion, and I think it lasts for a decent amount of time. You don’t need a lot of it for your room to smell nice. I did have a slight issue with the bottle spritzing out sprays of liquid instead of mists, but after I messed with it a bit, I got it to work OK. I mention it because when it happened, I looked online to see if anyone else had a problem, and I did find someone on their website complaining about the bottle. But I got mine working fairly easily, so I don’t think it’s a very common problem.

Overall, I really love this product. It’s such a warm and inviting fragrance, much more complex than what you can find in a candle or even a reed diffuser from Pier One. I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a grown-up fragrance to fill their house with year round.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330071586830431/k2311a0730/7.30.12