Body Shop Coconut Body Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • Even though I hate how long it takes to apply full body lotion, I love how I feel afterwards
  • Their body butters are some of the best moisturizing products on the market, and the coconut scent transports me to tropical island
  • Body Shop's coconut body butter is also beautifully packaged in a brown container with a coconut photo on the front that I think looks a bit more like a candle than another lotion bottle to clutter your counter with
  • The thickness feels luxurious on your skin, and I believe you can feel it sort of depositing all of its moisturizing ingredients right into your skin
  • I like to use it every other day, and even with my dry to normal skin, I still feel the benefits of it

• by Melanie Noell

Even though I hate how long it takes to apply full body lotion, I love how I feel afterwards. My skin always feel really soft and smooth, and I always smell really nice. Body Shop’s Coconut Body Butter is like a really great body lotion but five times better. Their body butters are some of the best moisturizing products on the market, and the coconut scent transports me to tropical island.

Body butters come in a large round tub as opposed to a lotion which comes in a bottle with a cap to squeeze the lotion out of. The reason for this is because Body Shop’s body butters are far thicker and creamier than any lotion, and because of this, they would not easily squeeze out of a bottle. Rather, the dense moisturizer is packed into a “tub” of sorts, and when you rub your hand across the top, the thick butter turns into a creamy product for your skin. I

actually prefer the packaging to lotion bottles because you can get every last bit of product before you throw it away. No waste here! Body Shop’s coconut body butter is also beautifully packaged in a brown container with a coconut photo on the front that I think looks a bit more like a candle than another lotion bottle to clutter your counter with.

The body butter itself is fantastic. As I mentioned before, it’s much thicker than a lotion, but it sort of melts as you scoop it into your hand and rub it on your skin. The thickness feels luxurious on your skin, and I believe you can feel it sort of depositing all of its moisturizing ingredients right into your skin. I think it’s best to use when you’ve gotten out of the shower and dried off mostly because when the body butter blends with the dampness of your skin, it makes your skin the smoothest you’ve ever felt.

• When you apply it to dry skin, it makes your skin feel soft, but nothing like applying it to slightly damp skin. Because it’s such a rich and moisturizing product, I don’t think you need to use too much of it (or too frequently for that matter) to get a ton of benefits from it. I like to use it every other day, and even with my dry to normal skin, I still feel the benefits of it. It’s also great when I have cracked skin during the winter from the extreme cold and dryness. Just a little bit of this stuff instantly relieves that tight feeling, and my skin begins feeling more like skin. The cracks seem to heal a lot quicker, too!

Despite the Body Shop offering a whole array of body butters in many different fragrances, the coconut is my favorite. It’s subtle, yet strong enough to leave a light fragrance on your skin long after you’ve applied

it. The coconut is truly a coconut scent and not some imitation coconut smell that is overly sweet. It’s a bit nutty and very tropical, probably because they actually use organic coconut oil as an ingredient. It’s a beautiful scent for a luxurious and moisturizing product.

Body Shop’s body butter is also great if you are worried about socially conscious products. The plastic container is recyclable, the ingredients are often Fair Trade, and they don’t test on animals. They were bought by a company that isn’t as eco-friendly, but as of now, they still maintain The Body Shop’s original, animal testing-free policies.

Although Body Shop’s coconut body butter is a bit on the expensive side at $19 for a 7 oz tub, I think it’s definitely worth it. If you can’t afford it year round, this is a great buy to get you through the cold winter months when skin is at its driest. I love this product and I would recommend it to anyone!

Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3130071586820431/k2311a0730/7.30.12