Ice Age: Continental Drift movie
  • While I found the plot involving series veterans Manny, Sid, and Diego to be as entertaining as ever, the subplot involving Manny's daughter Peaches I found to be lacking
  • It's a story that's been a part of movies for around thirty years now and this time around it definitely is not anything special or even remotely entertaining, significantly dragging down the main performance

• by nicktkh

To be perfectly honest, I was not expecting the fourth Ice Age movie to be any good at all. The movie actually pleasantly surprised me by exceeding my expectations. Needless to say, Manny, Sid, Diego, and Scrat are just as funny as they were the first three times.

The main plot of the movie has Manny, Sid, and Diego being seperated from their

herd as the piece of glacier they’re standing on breaks off from the mainland. The main plot consists of the gang from the first movie setting off on their floating sheet of ice to find a current that will take them back to their family. Soon after the initial seperation we are introduced to the villain of our story, a pirate who goes by the name of Captain Gutt. Gutt is played to perfection by Peter Dinklage, newcomer to the series.

Another wonderful addition to the cast is Wanda Sykes who plays Sid’s (possibly delusional) grandmother. While I found the plot involving series veterans Manny, Sid, and Diego to be as entertaining as ever, the subplot involving Manny’s daughter Peaches I found to be lacking. Whenever ...

• Ice Age: Continental Drift movie
      I saw Peaches and her molehog friend Louis on the screen I quickly became bored and eagerly awaited the return to her father and his friends.

The subplot has to do with Peaches trying to fit in with the cool mammoth kids (Who all speak with the voices of inner city wannabe rappers, something that proves to be VERY annoying) and learning that

her friend Louis is more important than being popular. It’s a story that’s been a part of movies for around thirty years now and this time around it definitely is not anything special or even remotely entertaining, significantly dragging down the main performance.

All in all, the movie is definitely worth a view … just maybe not in theaters thanks to Manny’s daughter Peaches.

jj says :

I really liked ice age continental drift especially with the better visual technology such and such but nothing can beat the original ice age.

Kipley says :

I completely agree. I feel like with every sequel, Ice Age is getting worse and worse. However, it’s still a very entertaining movie for children.

Svetoslav says :

Good review. This part of Ice Age was as much fun for me as the previous parts. I was definitely having fun watching it.

Nicci says :

I personally adore the Ice Age Movies, especially Scrat and Sid. It is always nice to actually have a series of movies that are all equally good versus one that is good and one that is just plain bad. Good review, Thank you

Melanie Noell says :

While I agree it’s a good series in general, I do think this one was a bit weaker than its predecessors. However, it stayed true to the characters, had a good story and plenty of laughs.

agung triono says :

very funny animation movie…your review make me smile because you remembered me about this movie….

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1130071586750431/k2311a0730/7.30.12