Hairagami Hair Yoga Barrette  » Cosmetics  »
  • However, if you read my review of the kimono, you’ll see why the $5 cost is not at all worth it
  • Now that my hair is shorter I attempted the chakra cross, which I think is the nicest looking style of the three
  • With this tool, the largest barrette only holds the top half of my hair and the two smaller ones on the bottom hold a quarter each without any problem
  • The best thing about this tool is that it does not take 20 minutes and a lot of frustration to figure out like the other Hairagami tools
  • I highly recommend this barrette to any woman looking for a new and unique hair style requiring minimal time and effort

• by cmurray081981

I got this tool along with the hair kimono from the Hairagami Company. The tool is a very unique item. It consists of three barrettes stacked on top of one another. However, it’s quite pricey at $10 compared to the hair kimono at $5. However, if you read my review of the kimono, you’ll see why the $5 cost is not at all worth it.

I had probably the most luck of any Hairagami tool with this yoga barrette. Unlike any other tool for sale on the Hairagami website, this tool has a video posted with lots more examples of sample hairstyles. There are instructions for 3 different styles included with the tool and all of the styles seem to be slightly reminiscent of the elaborate styles worn by the Japanese geishas. You can also purchase different colored barrettes for the top layer, but that seems a bit dated to me so I only got the black barrette.

While a few of the included styles look a bit odd and outdated, this tool is much easier

to use to think of different styles on your own. All you do is simply pull the top half of your hair into the largest barrette at the base and you can twist, braid, coil or do whatever you can think of with the remaining hair to clip into the other two barrettes. You can remove the top barrette as well if you only want to divide your hair into two sections total. Otherwise, you’d take the bottom section of hair and divide it into half vertically, then twist each section into the other two barrettes. Unlike the kimono, the barrette did not immediately break when I tried to use it and unlike the Le Loom product I was able to hear the barrettes clip together so I knew they would be secure.

I’m even more excited to use this product now that I’ve gotten my hair cut. I personally think what makes the styles included with the tool look so dated is that most of the ends of the hair are still sticking out from ...

• the tool. With shorter hair, the whole section looks like it’s being held in a fancy updo. I also liked that the barrette had a secure hold all day long. There’s nothing worse than having your hair come out halfway through your day. Then you have to stop what you’re doing to fix it. I usually don’t have access to the same hair tools I had in the morning when I first attempted the style, so the likelihood of it staying put again is even lower.

I had a lot of success with getting my hair into both the dragon fly and ying yang style. Now that my hair is shorter I attempted the chakra cross, which I think is the nicest looking style of the three. I didn’t think my hair would hold with this style before since I’d have to cram too much into one barrette for it to hold. Now that there’s less hair to twist up, it fits just fine into each barrette and I have a cool and unique hair

style for work that doesn’t take too long to accomplish.

Where the other Hairagami tools go wrong is using too small sized barrettes for the volume of hair necessary to clip into hair. With this tool, the largest barrette only holds the top half of my hair and the two smaller ones on the bottom hold a quarter each without any problem. The second thing that helps this product to work is that there’s no particular way you need to use it, unlike the original Hairagami tool. It doesn’t matter if you use the top or bottom half of hair or which side of the remaining hair you tuck in the second barrette first, the style will always hold because the other clipped in sections help to hold it in place.

The best thing about this tool is that it does not take 20 minutes and a lot of frustration to figure out like the other Hairagami tools. I highly recommend this barrette to any woman looking for a new and unique hair style requiring minimal time and effort.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127071586580831/k2311a0727/7.27.12