Hairagami The Original Hair Bun Updo Fold, Wrap & Snap Styling Tool in Black  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found a couple options and ended up giving each one a try
  • Each time I pull it out to use it, I notice a lot of broken hair strands on it
  • I’m a bit disappointed I can’t get it to work anymore, but I have a sponge-like bun maker with a wire form inside that works much better with layered hair since you can use a ponytail holder with it to ensure the hair doesn’t fall out
  • I highly recommend this tool if you have long hair that’s mostly the same length

• by cmurray081981

I always liked the look of the ballerina bun that was neatly tucked on the top of the head and I always wanted to try and duplicate the look. I’m completely hopeless at styling my own hair so I went online to find any tool that could help me achieve this look. I found a couple options and ended up giving each one a try. One particular tool that I found a lot of positive reviews on was the Hairagami.

The tool is similar to the slap bracelets that were popular over 15 years ago. There are two included in the tool and they are held together with a black velvet cover. Basically, you simply sandwich your hair in between the slap bracelets, spread your hair to each end, roll it up as tightly as you can, and slap the bracelets together to create the bun.

This product takes a lot of practice to use. Like most products, I found the written directions to be insufficient. You also

have to make sure you position your hair and roll it up a certain way or it does not work. I got this product as part of a total makeover kit which included a DVD so I made sure to watch it to see exactly how the tool was supposed to be used. This helped a lot and with some practice I was able to get this tool to work.

I really like that it gives me that perfect ballerina bun I always wanted. It even gives my bun a TON more volume than if I were to put my hair into a ponytail and roll it up myself into a bun shape without any tool. If you leave it in all day and take it out, you will also then have really cute and curly hair with the ends flipped up. You can wear this tool all day for a more serious work look and then take it out and have a curled style for night ...

• without using any additional styling products.

There are a few drawbacks to using this tool. First, your hair can get caught up in this tool. Each time I pull it out to use it, I notice a lot of broken hair strands on it. You do have to make sure you hold the tool securely closed when you’re sliding it down your hair so it stays taut so this is probably the reason a lot of strands get caught up in it. Second, you will probably not master this tool right away. Try to have patience or you’ll frustrate yourself further and it will take even longer to figure out. You also need to make sure you roll it up as tightly as you can to your head. If you don’t it will not stay put and look like a sleek, professional bun. It will look droopy and probably fall out. I’ve found this bun tool has to be tight enough to my head that it

almost is uncomfortable. Lastly, this product does not work well if you have a lot of short layers in your hair. I recently got mine cut so that it’s about 3 inches shorter than it was all over when I first started using this tool and I had to start rolling it up about halfway otherwise my layers would have fallen right out. Now I find I can’t roll it up into a bun form any longer. It ends up looking like an upside down U shape instead with the ends curling in just a bit. I’m a bit disappointed I can’t get it to work anymore, but I have a sponge-like bun maker with a wire form inside that works much better with layered hair since you can use a ponytail holder with it to ensure the hair doesn’t fall out.

I highly recommend this tool if you have long hair that’s mostly the same length. Otherwise, you may want to look on Amazon for other options.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127071586570831/k2311a0727/7.27.12