Hairagami Le Loom Hair Barrette  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I bought this with the intention of being able to quickly style my hair in new and unusual ways during the work week, but it just takes too long to master

• by cmurray081981

I purchased the Hairagami Le Loom barrette after having fairly good luck with the original Hairagami tool. This barrette is a combination of many barrettes clipped together and stacked vertically for a variety of hair styles that slightly mimics the look of a braid.

The barrettes seem cheap in quality but perhaps it’s because they are meant to be flexible. Of course, this is yet another tool that promises countless hair style options with its use but there are only directions included with this tool for 2 different styles. I could barely get this tool to work for either style let alone figure out how to use it to accomplish any others. Like many other hair styling tools, the directions are not very specific either. They offer 3 pictures with a sentence or two under each and you’re supposed to take it from there.

Both

of these styles could be considered a bit dated. The fishtail style looks like an inverted braid and the twisty rows style reminds me of using those mini clips that were popular 10 years ago in which women would twist tiny sections of hair along the crown to replicate a look similar to wearing a headband. However, due to my boredom with wearing my hair in the same old ponytail or French twist day after day I was willing to give both styles a shot.

I tried to replicate the twisty rows style with slightly damp hair and had better luck. When my hair is totally dry it seems to slip right out of the barrettes. I typically shower at night because I work out after work and my hair is dry by morning. This makes it difficult to style my hair before going to ...

• work, which was the main reason why I purchased this barrette. The twisty rows style is also hard to complete because the hair that’s twisted in each barrette naturally falls back down again over the barrette and I had to try and move it out of my way each time I got a new section of hair. By the end of my attempt, most of my hair was clipped into the barrettes but a few strands had slipped out and a few others didn’t seem to have been totally clipped into their section. I probably missed them initially but they got caught up again in the other twisted sections. Also, the barrettes don’t all close very well. I tried to use small enough sections to ensure each clip would close but I don’t think they match up very well since some did not audibly click
        into place. I had the same issues with the fishtail style. When my hair was dry it did not stay very well in the barrettes and slipped out. Also, the directions for creating the fishtail state that you’re supposed to take the hair from the opposite section that the barrette closes in so the tool is completely hidden, but the ends of your hair still seem to stick out from underneath the barrette.

Overall this product is just too difficult to use. I bought this with the intention of being able to quickly style my hair in new and unusual ways during the work week, but it just takes too long to master. I don’t want to struggle with this tool for 20 minutes on any given morning. I might keep sticking to my regular ponytail and will just plan to add more decorations to my style.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3127071586560831/k2311a0727/7.27.12