Velcro Original Classic Styler Super Size Hair Rollers  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I like to roll them up in dry hair and blast them with a blow dryer for a few seconds to set the style
  • I was really disappointed with the results I got with these rollers
  • I would not recommend these rollers to anyone unless they have a lot of practice using them but I had no luck

• by cmurray081981

I purchased the Velcro super size hair rollers from Amazon for $18. The rollers come in a set of 12 and include six 3 inch rollers and six 2.5 inch rollers. I purchased these with the intention of being able to easily obtain a hair style with much more volume without having to tease my hair or use a ton of styling products that usually make my hair look dirty.

The rollers seemed to be easy to use. You simply take a small section of hair and wrap it around the roller. The

nature of the Velcro is self-gripping and allows them to stay put in your hair without using clips or pins. I like to roll them up in dry hair and blast them with a blow dryer for a few seconds to set the style. I let them cool off for a few minutes and then remove the rollers. This helps the volume to stay in my hair.

I did not have as much luck with these rollers as I’d hoped. I’m not sure if they are too small for my hair length or if I’m not putting them in correctly. I have found that I need to use much smaller sections of hair than I’d thought. Too much hair does not stay put on the roller and stray hair comes off the sides as you’re rolling them up. I almost wonder if the rollers are not meant to hold hair any longer than what wraps once around them. They don’t seem to self-grip as well otherwise. I also found that if the Velcro rollers did not stay tightly wound to my crown they would sag and my hair ...

• Velcro Original Classic Styler Super Size Hair Rollers
      had a wave where the roller did not stay straight. I ended up with crooked crinkles in my hair after taking out the rollers and it looks weird.

I was really disappointed with the results I got with these rollers. What’s the point of getting large rollers if the same size section of hair does not fit on them? Conversely, they also seem too large when you take into account the small section of hair to use to ensure all of it fits on the roller. Then the rollers overlap sections of hair that

didn’t fit and don’t stay put properly. I’m confused about why sections of my hair don’t fit since I have very thin and fine hair, so anyone with thick and coarse hair would have even more issues. Also, they come individually wrapped, so once you take off the paper packaging you are left with loose rollers and nothing to store them in. I ended up having to put them in a plastic bag to store them. I would not recommend these rollers to anyone unless they have a lot of practice using them but I had no luck.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3126071586450731/k2311a0726/7.26.12