Dritz Care and Repair No Sew Hemming Tape Regular Weight  » Housewares  »
  • I have a pair of pants that I love but they are a bit too long, even though I ordered the petite sized pant
  • I found that the hem on the back would often fall, leaving me looking unkempt
  • If you’re looking for something to create a completely new hem I would not recommend this product

• by cmurray081981

I have a pair of pants that I love but they are a bit too long, even though I ordered the petite sized pant. Along with the fact that I typically wear flats, I tend to step on the hem a bit with my heels. I found that the hem on the back would often fall, leaving me looking unkempt. I didn’t care to keep taking the pants to a dry cleaner or tailor to be fixed so I searched online for a repair kit I could use myself without needing a sewing machine.

I found the Dritz Care and Repair No Sew Hemming tape on Amazon. It’s very reasonably priced at $3.80 for 20 yards of the product. I’ve used this

tape several times and still have quite a bit left. It’s also very easy to use. You simply cut off the amount of tape you will need, position it between the hem fabric, and iron it. The hem then stays put through multiple machine washings.

The hardest part of using this product is getting it to fit nicely between the small spaces of the hem. It has to be sandwiched evenly between the two pieces of fabric or it will not be secured properly. I have to be very careful not to move the hem when I’m taking the pants from room to room to iron them so that the tape does not move. It’s a very thin, fibrous fabric so it is ...

• easy to shift accidentally. I have had success each time I’ve used this tape since I do try to be very careful. You also need to make sure you follow the directions properly and iron the hem from both sides to ensure the tape stays put.

I also have had to re-use this tape on the same pair of pants once. I’m not sure if it’s due to the tape failing or due to me continuing to step on the hem. Either way, I’ve gotten a lot of use out of these pants over several years because the hemming tape works so well. I’m not sure how well this would work if you have regular sized pants that you need to hem from

scratch. It’s just too difficult to position the tape and keep it in place and I’d be worried that the hem I’d try to create would not be straight. Each time I’ve used this tape the hem was still at least half secured and only the back half had come undone. I am not handy with sewing or hemming so I would not try to completely redo a hem using this tape.

If you’re looking for something to create a completely new hem I would not recommend this product. I would personally spend the time and money to take that to a tailor. However, if you just need a quick fix for a piece of clothing, I would highly recommend this tape.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5326071586420731/k2311a0726/7.26.12