John Paul Pet Tooth and Gum Wipes  » Pets  »
  • While at my salon to get my hair cut, I noticed that they had started to carry the Paul Mitchell products for pets
  • I thought it would be much easier to use the tooth and gum wipes daily and the toothbrush weekly
  • One issue I’ve noticed is that my cat appears to be adverse to the mint aroma of these wipes, but again they don’t take long to use
  • Also, they do dry out so I recommend you do try to use one a day before they get too dry to use

• by cmurray081981

While at my salon to get my hair cut, I noticed that they had started to carry the Paul Mitchell products for pets. I have an older cat that had issues with rotting teeth. Eventually they started to cause her pain and discomfort, and they even eventually started to crack off and be absorbed back into the gums. I did not want my younger kitten to go through the same issues, so I purchased a tooth brush kit for more thorough cleaning as well as these tooth

and gum wipes for quick, regular usage. I thought it would be much easier to use the tooth and gum wipes daily and the toothbrush weekly.

The wipes are meant to freshen breath since they include mint and they smell much like human toothpaste. I use these on my kitten as often as possible, especially when I can tell his breath is starting to get bad. They immediately remove mouth odors but they are only temporary. There is also baking soda in these wipes that help remove stains and clean the teeth.

I have had very good luck with these wipes. My cat does not care to be held or have anything in his mouth but it does not take very long to use. I can use my fingers to get in the back corners much easier than I can with the toothbrush from my other kit. I can also wrap my fingers around the tooth using the wipe for a 360 degree clean. With the toothbrush, I can really only get the outside ...

• John Paul Pet Tooth and Gum Wipes
      of his teeth or he fights to get away if I try to get farther inside his mouth. It takes maybe 30 seconds to use these wipes for a thorough clean and my cat doesn’t seem too bothered by the process.

Unless you’re afraid your pet might chomp down on your fingers as you clean their mouth, you should have great success with this product. One issue I’ve noticed is that my cat appears to be adverse to the mint aroma of these wipes, but again they

don’t take long to use. Also, they do dry out so I recommend you do try to use one a day before they get too dry to use. I’ve noticed my cat’s teeth look much cleaner, especially in the back where the plaque and tartar traditionally accumulates. I’m very happy with the ease of this product and the price and will continue to purchase these. I only wish they were more widely available at places like Target so I don’t have to make a special trip to get them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2926071586390731/k2311a0726/7.26.12