Grreat Choice Perfect Fit Adjustable Harness for Large Dogs  » Pets  »
  • Although I like how adjustable this harness is, the design is not as good as other harnesses I've bought in the past despite being a perfectly acceptable harness
  • My biggest problem with this harness is the actual design
  • I don't think it would ever let my dog slip out of the harness, but it can make for a very uncomfortable harness when my dog is tied outside
  • I've looked at harnesses at other pet stores, and they cost a lot more

• by Melanie Noell

I was desperately in need of a harness for my larger dog, and this was the only one that I could find at PetSmart. Although I like how adjustable this harness is, the design is not as good as other harnesses I’ve bought in the past despite being a perfectly acceptable harness.

The Grreat Choice Perfect Fit Adjustable Harness in large comes in three colors - blue, black and red. I kind of wish there were more color options, but my dog has a red color, so I didn’t mind buying a red harness for him to match. It would have been nice if they had more patterns valuable, especially for larger dogs, since the majority of fun colors seem

to be reserved for small dogs.

I find that the width of the straps are a bit small for a large dog. My dog is 50 lbs, and I have to tighten the straps to the tightest settings for it to fit my dog properly. It looks a bit ridiculous on him because the straps look so thin, and I can’t imagine what it would look like on an even bigger dog. They seem to do their job in terms of restraining him, but I worry that these thin straps seem to dig in to my dogs skin a bit.

My biggest problem with this harness is the actual design. There’s a big circle in the front that sort of loops over the dog’s head kind of like a large collar that rests up against the dog’s chest. Attached to the initial loop are two straps that run perpendicular to the loop intended to go under the dogs belly (between the front legs) and down the dog’s back. These straps are connected to a strap that forms an open loop with a plastic closing mechanism and the silver metal hoop for attaching the leash. You can actually remove that open loop entirely to make it easier to wrap around the dog without lifting their legs or making them step inside, but it can be a bit difficult to get the strap back in to form the loop. As I ...

• Grreat Choice Perfect Fit Adjustable Harness for Large Dogs
      mentioned before, you can step the dog’s leg through and then just attach the closure, which I find much easier. The straps are mostly all adjustable, though it can take quite some time to adjust it to the appropriate size if your dog is on the smaller end of dogs its intended for!

The harness design doesn’t sound so bad at first (besides being incredibly confusing both to read about and to actually use,) but it has a tendency to slip and slide about. I don’t think it would ever let my dog slip out of the harness, but it can make for a very uncomfortable harness when my dog is tied outside. I always sit out with them when

I leave them outside - just a chance for them to run around - but I find myself having to fix my larger dog’s harness more often because it slides halfway around his belly. Even when we are out walking - and sometimes even when he is simply lounging around the house - the harness will slide to the side and just look very messy. I don’t know if it’s actually bothering him, but it bothers me because it looks so uncomfortable!

Despite not being totally in love with this harness, it was only about $12, which is fantastic. I’ve looked at harnesses at other pet stores, and they cost a lot more. This harness does its job, and it was very affordable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2925071586230531/k2311a0725/7.25.12