Bakers Secret Nonstick Basics Mini Muffin Pan  » Housewares  »
  • I love baking and like to vary my creations, my recipe of choice being mini muffins at the moment - muffins are incredibly versatile, but they are very filling (not forgetting the huge amount of calories in a full sized muffin
  • I'd recently bought a frosting bag that I couldn't wait to try out, but i was disappointed to find the light strawberry sponge mixture stuck quite badly to the pan - in the end I rebaked them using mini cake cases, which was 100 percent more successful
  • I tend to bake sweet muffins as I know I can always choose a recipe we will all, adults and children, agree on - when my partner and I are having something more grown up I'll usually bake savoury mini muffins, feta cheese and roasted peppers being a favourite when no kids are wanting muffins

• by roundabout

I love baking and like to vary my creations, my recipe of choice being mini muffins at the moment - muffins are incredibly versatile, but they are very filling (not forgetting the huge amount of calories in a full sized muffin!) so I’ve started using my Bakers Secret Mini Muffin Pan a lot more regularly.  Making a smaller version is ideal both for my waistline and also because my two youngest children can handle a mini muffin much better than they can a standard sized one.

The pan is made from professional grade steel and will make twenty four bite sized muffins, it’s comfortable to hold as the rim is wider than average and has a substantial feel. It’s not a lightweight pan; I’m confident the double lined steel will last forever as it feels great to handle, something that really surprised me considering the low price of the pan.

The nonstick aspect works brilliantly on dense muffin-type mixtures although I’ve found the results patchy with lighter sponge cake recipes.

I attempted some mini cupcakes with the pan with a view to using them as part of a wedding display; I’d recently bought a frosting bag that I couldn’t wait to try out, but i was disappointed to find the light strawberry sponge mixture stuck quite badly to the pan - in the end I rebaked them using mini cake cases, which was 100 percent more successful!  It’s not sold as a cake pan though, and deals with a more robust muffin mixture beautifully.

Whatever type of muffins I decide to make they come out beautifully. You can usually follow any muffin recipe as long as you are confident in calculating the reduced cooking times considering these are much smaller than your average muffin. I tend to bake sweet muffins as I know I can always choose a recipe we will all, adults and children, agree on - when my partner and I are having something more grown up I’ll usually bake savoury mini muffins, feta cheese and roasted ...

• peppers being a favourite when no kids are wanting muffins!  The browning is always beautiful and the muffins cook beautifully every time, it depends on how I feel as to whether I use mini cake cases - I’ve come to know what type of mixture will be ok without a case and can judge it quite well now, my favourite effect is on a ginger muffin I like to bake which browns off to a wonderful orange shade that I just can’t replicate using my standard sized muffin pan.

I have found that muffin mixtures using large ingredients aren’t terribly successful as, for example, a whole cherry will take up pretty much the entire interior of a mini muffin so you have to watch out for this when deciding what variety of muffin you want to make.  My children love my chocolate mini muffins with white chocolate chips and these come out wonderfully in this mini muffin pan, the chocolate chips melting and resetting into long strips inside the

fluffy cake due to the fact that the heat can penetrate so well through to the middle of the muffins.

I really love this mini muffin pan, when I first bought it I thought it was simply going to be a novelty but it has been used so much more than I thought it would. The mini muffins go down a treat every time I make them, I’ve also realised recently that you don’t need to make all twenty four muffins as the pan works just as well if you only half fill it to prevent making muffins that aren’t going to be eaten. Also, to ring the changes, you can make a half and half muffin mixture so that half of your pan is filled with, say, chocolate muffin mixture and the other half is raisin muffins. That’s sometimes a better idea than making twenty four muffins of the same recipe as it stops you getting bored and also is a good way of ensuring everyone gets a muffin they like!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5325071586130531/k2311a0725/7.25.12