Frenz Designing Hair and Nails Salon  » Business  »
2.0
W188 S7830 Racine Avenue Suite 700 Muskego WI 53150
  • I’ve been a client of hers for over 10 years and she has over 20 years of experience in the field
  • While I really enjoy the work Roxanne does I would not consider having any other services done here

• by cmurray081981

I go to Frenz salon about every 3 weeks to get my nails done. The salon employs two manicurists and both can perform the Shellac and OPI gel manicures that last up to 2 weeks as well as traditional nail color. It’s not very conveniently located for me, but I’ve been a loyal client of Roxanne’s for a long time and since I really enjoy the job she does and have developed a friendship with her, I will continue to have her do my nails.

Since I work full time I almost always get my nail services done on Saturdays, unless there is a special occasion like a wedding or vacation in which I need to have my nails done by a certain point during the week. Roxanne is very accommodating and works nearly every Saturday except when she’s on vacation. She even offers late appointments for me when I can’t get time off work or can only come after 7 pm. The remainder of the salon is a different story. The stylists often don’t work at all on Saturdays and the other manicurist never comes in. This is very strange to me since I would imagine most business typically occurs on Saturdays. Needless to say, it’s very quiet whenever I come in for my appointment which is nice and relaxing.

Frankly, the other hair stylists do not seem to be very talented or professional. Several stylists seem to have very outdated hair themselves, which would make me question how well they are at doing their jobs. I would always be suspicious that they are not knowledgeable of the current styles, trends or methods. I can say that they do invest in new nail products, like the OPI gel color which no other salon in Southeastern Wisconsin offers at this time, and they do participate in annual tradeshows specific to the beauty industry.

Some members of the staff are very loud, obnoxious and use little discretion in front of clients. They talk about some of their male clients in an inappropriate context between each other, loud enough for me to hear, but not the male clients themselves. They also complain about female and male clients within earshot of clients. They also don’t appear to like one another and have talked negatively about their absent coworkers in front of me. I can’t for the life of me imagine why they would want to bad mouth their coworkers so that potential clients have a preconceived negative viewpoint, especially since they are all co-owners of the business. Their individual success is dependent upon the overall success of all the partners. I have been a regular ...

• customer of Roxanne’s since she started working at the salon several years ago, so perhaps they are overly comfortable around me but I still personally find it extremely unprofessional and would never get my hair cut, styled or colored there. They are exactly the kinds of people I disliked at other salons and stopped going to for that particular reason alone.

On a positive note, Roxanne is extremely talented and knowledgeable about the newest nail products and has always done an excellent job with both manicures and pedicures. She can even mix and match the Shellac and OPI nail colors and glitters to create custom looks. I get countless compliments on my nail color from friends and coworkers and I have gladly referred people to her specifically and will continue to do so. I’ve been a client of hers for over 10 years and she has over 20 years of experience in the field. There have been a handful of occurrences where I simply could not get in to see her and had to go elsewhere and no other manicurist does as good of a job as she does. I also really like that Frenz salon offers a variety of nail colors and products not available elsewhere.

The location is a bit unusual. They are located in a lot with two

nearly identical strip malls. There are other similar businesses on the busy intersection of Janesville and Racine in Muskego, and it is not very apparent how to get to the salon and inside which mini mall they are located until you drive into the parking lot and enter the building, then they are quite easy to find. It might be nice if they had a larger sign on the exterior of the property. They redecorated the salon in the last year with light colored wood and silver and teal accents. It does look very contemporary and modern as opposed to what it did look like, and it has more of a light and relaxing feel. The nail stations are somewhat separated from the salon stations for privacy and they have a comfortable waiting area but no receptionist. I always just walk right over to Roxanne’s station and sit down, or wait in the small seating area near the nail stations if she’s still with another client.

While I really enjoy the work Roxanne does I would not consider having any other services done here. The ladies are simply too catty and unprofessional, and do not present themselves to be leaders in the salon industry with their outdated looks. Overall I would rate this salon and their owners a mere 4 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4125071585940531/k2311a0725/7.25.12