Dolphin Electra Desktop Lava Lamp by LumiSource
0.5
  • I’m not a big lava lamp person, but I love dolphins
  • When I noticed the dolphin tilting, I took it out
  • I think I messed with it for over an hour before just saying, no more

• by sarahdragon26

I’m not a big lava lamp person, but I love dolphins. I have posters, paintings, and jewelry of the ocean creatures; so when my husband and my son got me the Dolphin Electra Desktop Lava Lamp, I was so happy. It was going to look wonderful on my desk, next to my Dragon from Elder Scrolls Skyrim. Yet, it didn’t even make it to my desk.

When I opened the box containing the product, everything seemed to be intact. Yet, as soon as I looked at dolphin and its base, I knew something was a little off. When I tried to place

the two parts together, I wanted to shake my head. The dolphin did not actually screw into the base. I just had to place it on the base and turn it slightly. It didn’t even look right. I just sat in my chair and wondered how long it would be before the dolphin, which was top heavy, would tip over. I wasn’t left guessing long. When I noticed the dolphin tilting, I took it out. The dolphin was made of glass and I wasn’t interested in cleaning up shards of glass.

While holding the dolphin up, in its base, I plugged it ...

• in and tried to turn it now. Nothing happened. I think I messed with it for over an hour before just saying, no more. I put it all back in the box and took it back to Walmart where my husband had purchased it. I wanted the lamp, so I took the last one of the shelves, which had about two years worth of dust on the top. Again, the red flags were flying. I took the dolphin home and had not even taken it out of the box before I heard something I shouldn’t have. I opened the box to see
        the dolphin was in pieces. The glass and the liquid inside the lamp were all over everything inside of the box. I took it back the same day and demanded the money back.

The lamp was made by LumiSource LLC. It was basically a dolphin-shaped lava lamp that changed colors. Both were purchased from Walmart and both were returned there. I filed a complaint with Walmart and LumiSource about the interior product. I will be steering clear of anything that has LumiSource on it. Unless it amazes me with its incredible prices or products, they won’t be getting another penny out of me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5325071585920531/k2311a0725/7.25.12