Steamfast Compact Fabric Steamer  » Housewares  »
  • I decided on the Steamfast Compact Fabric steamer
  • I recommend the few dollars for a gallon of distilled water so this won’t happen to you
  • I’ve never had any issue with this steamer other than my own fault of not using distilled water
  • I believe this steamer is ideal since it’s small and easy to transport and takes very little time to work

• by cmurray081981

I aim to iron my clothing as little as possible. However, this sometimes means I look like a wrinkled mess. I also have a few pieces of clothing that are too delicate to iron and so I made the decision to purchase a fabric steamer. I decided on the Steamfast Compact Fabric steamer. It was very inexpensive, small and comes with both a lint remover and fabric brush for removing wrinkles in thicker clothing such as jeans or khakis.

I used this steamer right away when I got it since I wanted to see how well it would work. I did read mostly positive reviews on this steamer before purchasing it so I had high hopes. It does work quite well. The directions state that you should use distilled water and not tap water since continued use leads to mineral

deposits. I’m lazy, so I used tap water anyway. I do see there is an accumulation of minerals inside the bucket and along the cap. I recommend the few dollars for a gallon of distilled water so this won’t happen to you.

However, the steamer is very easy to use otherwise. You simply fill the bucket with water up to the max fill line and plug it in. It heats up very quickly, probably in 2-3 minutes. When you see steam starting to escape through the holes in the spout it’s ready to use. I find it’s easiest to use this steamer with my clothes on wire hangers on the shower rod so you can easily handle steaming the clothing from top to bottom. The steamer works very well to get rid of wrinkles quickly and easily. I have also used ...

• the lint brush with success in removing pet hair from clothing. Steaming my clothes also keeps them fresh and clean smelling when I have items that can’t be machine washed or aren’t stained but just need refreshing. I have not needed to use the fabric brush since the steamer alone works very well to get wrinkles out of even heavy fabrics.

However, if you run out of water in the middle of steaming you’ll have to stop and refill it. It might be a bit dangerous to do so since the water is heated to boiling, but I’ve never had any issues. I only wish the compartment that holds water was a bit bigger, but then the steamer could also not be called compact. There is also no button to force extra steam since the steamer pumps it out at

a consistent level, unlike an iron in which you can blast extra steam at deeper wrinkles.

I’m thrilled I made this purchase. I’ve never had any issue with this steamer other than my own fault of not using distilled water. I’ll be using this as long as it holds up and it will come in especially handy for steaming my gown and bridesmaid’s dresses at my upcoming wedding. I’ve been part of weddings in the past where tablecloths and dresses need steaming or ironing and the steamer that is being used is not doing a good job of removing wrinkles. I believe this steamer is ideal since it’s small and easy to transport and takes very little time to work. Highly recommended for travel in particular and for anyone who hates the time and effort it takes to iron clothing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5324071585820731/k2311a0724/7.24.12