Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer
2.0
  • As yet I am well aware that crème-stick concealers have not been useful in my experience, and so I happily pretended like the naïve consumer who believed all was fair in love and beauty when the price was right
  • For all I know this is a borderline concealer at best, if used for blemishes, and at worst useless for dark circles
  • Over blemishes and problem spots the concealer passes smoothly due to its creamy texture, so there’s no harm of assaulting the pimple

• by jhunie

The Rimmel hide the blemish concealer showed up in the under 5 dollars bin where I also got another Rimmel mascara. As yet I am well aware that crème-stick concealers have not been useful in my experience, and so I happily pretended like the naïve consumer who believed all was fair in love and beauty when the price was right. Apart from hiding blemishes (even though no special perks in the ingredients qualify it as such), the concealer could be worn under eyes for covering dark circles.

dark circles. You know it’s nice to have handy a concealer that can be applied as soon as practicable (citing that other options like liquid concealers are not practicable). The advantage of this concealer stick is that you can zero in on the pimple, blemish and what have you. Over blemishes and problem spots the concealer passes smoothly due to its creamy texture, so there’s no harm of assaulting the pimple; and following light taps using my finger the redness is cancelled out.

Always, I hold back a few moments while staring at the result. The blemish is covered but replaced by an unpleasant, gray

cast. I don’t think it “hides” the blemish in the least: the concealed blemishes look desperately “patched up.” So long as the goal of removing redness is achieved, it does its job – but not beautifully. At the store, the color of the concealer visibly peeks out of the twist-up stick in the form of a bullet, and because of the packaging I instantly saw the color to be an easy match for my skin tone without inquiring the proper name of the shade as reference point. I identified it as an off-white, ivory color regardless of the ‘neutraliser’ label at the bottom of ...

• Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer
      the stick, guessing that nominally meant the color would blend with most skin tones. It has unimpressive opacity for a concealer that strangely adds a touch of bluish hue that appears dark and gray over a zit.

Attempts to cover dark circles have been disappointing. If you’re thinking of using this for dark circles, you’ll be sorry. For dark circles it’s a fangled item of no useful value. The color is drab for an under-eye concealer. It doesn’t brighten at all. Utterly disillusioned by stick concealers, I gave up using it, despite its niftiness for blemishes, and handed the thing over to

my sister. She griped too that she found no difference whatsoever wearing this under her eyes. Likewise, I look just the same with or without it.

The Revlon photoready concealer, also a stick concealer I had tried, failed miserably on my oily skin. The Rimmel blemish concealer lasts longer, surprisingly. I checked my pimple by afternoon which stayed covered in that unpleasant neutral gray cast, but at which point flaking badly. Not only does it look patched up, it also turns out flaky and conspicuous. I would advise against buying this product because it’s terrible. Finally, I wouldn’t ever touch crème-stick concealers with a ten-foot pole.

Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123071585720631/k2311a0723/7.23.12