Conair Styling Essential Pillow Soft Rollers  » Cosmetics  »
  • I bought the Conair pillow soft curlers at Target when I saw them and was a bit intrigued by them
  • The best feature about these rollers is that they are soft enough to wear overnight
  • I like how easy and convenient these rollers are to use but they are a bit small
  • I highly recommend using a comb to relax the curls if you twist the hair since it will not turn out as frizzy
  • I think these curlers are great tools for any woman looking for an easy and convenient way to curl their hair

• by cmurray081981

I bought the Conair pillow soft curlers at Target when I saw them and was a bit intrigued by them. They are rollers with foam squares in the center that are wrapped with a terry cloth like fabric. Wires run through the center of the rollers that are bendable and hold the rollers in place. The best feature about these rollers is that they are soft enough to wear overnight. You could even use them on damp hair since the terry cloth fabric absorbs the wetness and allows your hair to dry overnight.

I like how easy and convenient these rollers are to use but they are a bit small. I had to either take very small half inch sections of hair for them to fit on the roller, or I had to twist up larger sections of my hair to make sure they’d fit. Twisting them works much better, especially if you have layered hair like I do, then you don’t have to make sure you only use a small section. You can then use larger sections to create bigger sections of larger curls. The last time I twisted my hair to ensure it

fit and took out the rollers my hair was very tightly curled and still in the twisted shape. I tried to take a brush to my hair to relax the style but my curls then turned into a frizzy, crazy mess. I highly recommend using a comb to relax the curls if you twist the hair since it will not turn out as frizzy. I have also had some success with coating my fingers with smoothing styling products and using them to comb out my curls so they don’t have such a tight and severe look to them. I have also had luck taking a section of hair and starting to wrap the ends around the roller starting in the center. This way I know no stray pieces will come out, making me have to start the process all over again, and it won’t turn out frizzy at all.

These are also quite soft and easy to sleep in. I am always worried I will toss and turn at night and roll the curlers right off my head, but using the wires to secure the rollers keeps them in place very well. You can ...

• twist the wires together to completely ensure the rollers do not come out. The wires are also very good if you don’t want to roll the curler all the way up to the crown so the top half of your hair is smooth, not wildly curly all the way to the ends. The set only comes with 18 pieces though, so I did need to buy two to ensure I had enough. However, they are quite inexpensive at less than $7 for one set, and you will get a lot of use out of these so they are well worth the purchase. I love that these rollers don’t need heat to work which reduces styling damage. I also like that you always know for sure that you’ve gotten every last section of hair. I dislike using curling irons because they’re damaging, time consuming and it’s very hard for me to see if I’ve curled all the hair in the back.

I have not used these rollers on damp hair since my hair does not dry well, even though it is very fine. I often put my wet hair up into a ponytail after I shower

since I dislike the feeling of damp hair on my back. If I take my hair down out of the ponytail holder 3 hours later, my hair is always still quite damp. I’m afraid I will not have dry hair, even with the terry cloth fabric, when I wake up so I haven’t even bothered. If you have the same problem, I would also recommend using only on dry hair at night and sleeping in them. I usually use some hairspray on the curlers before bed and in the morning I aim a hair dryer for about 5 seconds on each section just to make sure my curls have set. I have thin, fine hair that does not hold curl very well and doing both ensures my hairstyle lasts all day.

I think these curlers are great tools for any woman looking for an easy and convenient way to curl their hair. They don’t take nearly as long as using a curling iron and you get the same effect, and they work on any length of hair. If you don’t want heat styling damage or to mess with hot styling tools, these rollers are for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123071585650631/k2311a0723/7.23.12