Johnsons Chamomile Baby Shampoo
  • I have always been a fan of Johnsons shampoo when my children are very young, they make several varieties now and as I find they are all generally very effective I like to try any new ones I see
  • The shampoo is light green and has a lightly floral scent, it's much more interesting that the smell of the 'normal' Johnsons baby shampoo which just tends to smell of babies

• by roundabout

I have always been a fan of Johnsons shampoo when my children are very young, they make several varieties now and as I find they are all generally very effective I like to try any new ones I see.  Their Chamomile shampoo is a new addition to the range, or at least I’ve never noticed it before while shopping for the children’s toiletries, and is designed to be used on light coloured or blonde hair - the chamomile being an ingredient that will make this hair type appear brighter and healthier.  I bought a bottle as my youngest two children are both very blonde, and have found it to be an excellent shampoo and one that I definitely intend to buy again.

The shampoo is light green and has a lightly

floral scent, it’s much more interesting that the smell of the ‘normal’ Johnsons baby shampoo which just tends to smell of babies!  The chamomile one is a little more grown up but hasn’t lost any of its appeal as the noticeable Johnsons smell is lying underneath it, I really like it but somehow feel that it’s more suitable for my five year old than my baby son (who is the one I really bought it for).

It lathers up beautifully and you really don’t need to use a lot at all to cleanse the average childs hair.  Obviously with my five year old being a girl she has longer hair than her little brother so I need to use a little more, but it literally is just a slightly larger blob

of shampoo and there really is no need to go overboard with the application.  It rinses out relatively easily, I noticed it does cling to the fine baby hair my son still has and that could be a problem if your child hates hair washing time as the section at the nape of his neck requires quite a lot of rinsing.  My daughter’s hair is thicker and the shampoo seems to rinse out much more quickly, making me think again that this product is probably more suitable for slightly older children than the majority of the Johnsons Baby range.

After rinsing my daughters hair can become a bit knotted after I’ve used this shampoo, it’s not very conditioning at all so I tend to use a separate conditioner on her hair ...

• Johnsons Chamomile Baby Shampoo
      after shampooing - this isn’t necessary for my son however as his hair is completely knot free after rinsing and drying!  Odd!  Both of their hair dries to a beautiful sheen, I’ve used it exclusively for over two months now and I swear the blonde shades in both of the children’s hair is brighter - it not only looks clean in the short term but the extra shine is apparent for days, at least until the next time I wash their hair.  I’ve noticed I can leave longer periods between hair washing sessions when I’m using this Johnsons Chamomile Shampoo as their hair stays fresh looking for longer - very useful when we’re in a rush and simply haven’t got time for a strict regular bath time.

The No Tears

formula isn’t as good as when I use the more traditional Johnsons Baby Shampoo, neither of my children experience pain if the shampoo gets in their eyes but both emerge from the bath with slightly red eyes which to me is an indication of at least a small amount of irritation.  Neither of them suffer like this with other Johnsons Baby shampoos so I suspect it must be the chamomile addition.

I really like this shampoo (red eyes aside!) and will carry on using it over the summer so that the chamomile will continue to work its magic alongside the summer sun to really enhance the beautiful colour of my children’s hair. Recommended to any of you blessed with a child with the hair of the angels, who want to keep it looking angelic!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5420071585540631/k2311a0720/7.20.12