Custom Terry Symmetry Precision Bicycle  » Sport  »
  • I took many months researching and investigating different bikes, companies, the new technology used in order to make sure that I chose the best option
  • I used to bike a lot more than I did when I bought the bike, but that was the reason for choosing something good and custom
  • I have been riding it for months now, over many miles and have yet to experience any problems
  • I think the symmetry is their most basic custom model
  • It really does catch the eye, but among serious bikers it is not just the look of the bike, but they are impressed with the construction and by what they see

• by Alpha2Zulu

I was able to get a Terry bicycle custom made for me late last year and have been riding it all season long. The Terry bicycle company makes custom road and racing bikes for women, they are super lightweight and everything about them from the materials to the design is top of the line. I took many months researching and investigating different bikes, companies, the new technology used in order to make sure that I chose the best option. I used to bike a lot more than I did when I bought the bike, but that was the reason for choosing something good and custom. I worked through an injury in order to be able to ride again so I wanted to make sure I had a great bike to hit the road on again come spring.

Now that I have had several months to use the bike, I am happy to report that it is the best riding experience I have ever had, and

I tested a lot of rides. I have taken short and long rides, on every type of terrain that the bike can handle and its performance is excellent. I have been riding it for months now, over many miles and have yet to experience any problems. Nothing has worn out at all yet either. After giving the company all of my measurements a local store put the bike together for me and they did a great job because I did not have to have anything re-adjusted.

So a little more about the bike, because they have so many different models that they make now. Its the Terry brand and the model is called Symmetry. I think the symmetry is their most basic custom model. I got the drop handles because it is what I personally prefer. The bike comes in white with purple and teal accents, so I love the look a lot and it really stands out from all the other bikes I see on ...

• the road. The other benefit of the color is that if you get caught riding in the dark before you reach your destination, the white does stand out in the dark from the road.

There is a triple drivetrain that gives riders a lot of choices in their gears so that you can go from low climbing to high climbing hills as fast as they approach. Its also great for riding downhill and flat plains with a great tailwind, better than any bike I have ever had the chance to try.

Dubbed the symmetry because of its design and geometry, its perfectly built and made so that everything from the wheels to the handlebars are in perfect balance. This is the only company that makes something so balanced and complete just for women, other bikes are based of the designs created for men when we really need something just as focused to our bodies as they do to theirs.

As for the price, well, the symmetry was

right around the price of other custom bikes that I had priced, $1200, but like I said before, it is their basic custom bike so the prices for the other models go up from here and the most expensive one that I was pricing from them was $5,000, though I am not sure that was even the most expensive one. Definitely an investment, but if you ride a lot and ride competitively, it is the price range you are going to be looking at. I love the bike and can’t imagine riding another one, even just for pleasure.

I need to mention all the compliments you will get when you are riding around on this bike. I get stopped over and over again from people wanting to look at and ask questions about it. It really does catch the eye, but among serious bikers it is not just the look of the bike, but they are impressed with the construction and by what they see.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3520071585460631/k2311a0720/7.20.12