Tomlinson Biaggia 12 inch Deluxe Pizza Oven
  • Even after the kitchen was functional, I noticed my fiance had not brought the oven back upstairs
  • While it does not have much to do with the functionality of the oven, I dislike that the timer keeps ticking after it’s been unplugged and is no longer in use
  • If you have teens or kids who are very impatient when they’re hungry and you need something that will feed them quickly I highly recommend this oven

• by cmurray081981

My fiance got this pizza oven for Christmas last year and we’ve gotten a lot of good use out of it. It is supposed to be for frozen pizzas, but we’ve often made our own fresh pizza with this as well. However, if you do so, remember that this oven only works for pre-baked pizza dough and not the raw refrigerated dough. It will not hold its shape on the wire rack and will run through the cracks, nor will it properly bake.

I really enjoy this oven mostly because we do not have to wait for it to preheat. The oven takes a fraction of the time to heat the pizza. You simply plug it in, throw in the pizza and set the timer. Even with a frozen pizza it only takes about 12 minutes to cook. With a fresh, homemade pizza it takes less than 8 minutes depending on how crispy you want the crust.

What’s not so great about this

pizza oven is that it’s large and cumbersome. It is difficult to lug around, and heavy, which we found out during our kitchen remodel. We were able to set up a makeshift kitchen in the basement brought the oven down there when we were without appliances. Even after the kitchen was functional, I noticed my fiance had not brought the oven back upstairs. It was actually because he didn’t know where we could put it where it would not heat up the surrounding cabinets or be hidden. We may be able to put it inside a panty but he will have to drill a hole in the cabinets to allow for it to be plugged in. The oven gets very hot on the exterior and so it would be important to have enough room to store it so that the cord would not touch the oven and get damaged. However, the oven does have rubber knobs on the bottom and the sides so it ...

• does not touch surfaces directly. Also, the timer is not very loud. When we had the oven downstairs you needed to watch the time and be within earshot of it when you thought it would be close to done. Otherwise, we ended up with a burnt unappetizing pizza if we forgot about it for even a couple of minutes. This was another reason I made sure to bring it upstairs. While it does not have much to do with the functionality of the oven, I dislike that the timer keeps ticking after it’s been unplugged and is no longer in use. It’s just a bit of an annoyance. Also, the exterior of the oven gets dirty and discolored even though it’s made of stainless steel. I’ve tried to clean it off but to no avail. There is also a removable tray below the baking rack that catches the grease and crumbs. It’s actually pretty easy to get most of the crumbs and grease to
        slide right off the rack, which is a great timesaver. Finally, the cord is very short which used to irritate me to no end. We often had to lug the oven out of where we had stored it, make a spot on the countertop for it since that was the only place to put it where the cord reached, and when it was done we had no place to remove the pizza to for cutting except on the store burners. Now, after our remodel we have much more room but if you don’t have a lot of countertop space you will have a hard time finding a place to put this oven.

I do like this oven for baking pizza but if you find you don’t bake much frozen pizza you may not have a need for it. If you have teens or kids who are very impatient when they’re hungry and you need something that will feed them quickly I highly recommend this oven.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5320071585440531/k2311a0720/7.20.12