Goody Ouchless Gentle Flex Detangler Comb  » Cosmetics  »
  • The first time I tried this comb I was very impressed with it
  • I highly recommend this product to anyone with fine, easily tangled hair or those with hard water

• by cmurray081981

I saw the line of Goody Ouchless products at a grocery store, of all places. I have a lot of issues with tangled hair, especially when I get out of the shower or am exposed to windy conditions. As a result, it’s very painful and damaging for me to try and get the tangles out with traditional hair products. I was especially optimistic about the detangling comb. I have tried to use wide tooth combs since as long as I was aware they were ideal for detangling, but they still typically cause some discomfort.

The first time I tried

this comb I was very impressed with it. The product has a flexible spine to it that allows the comb to flex with your hair so the likelihood of breakage is reduced. With a typical harder comb, there is no flexibility and your hair will break immediately when it’s pulled beyond its strength. I loved the results I got with this comb. I was able to work through the tangles with minimal breakage and, more importantly, no more pain. I was also able to grow my hair out longer and stronger from using this product.

However, this comb does ...

• have a tendency to break. I was able to use it for a few months before the thin inner edge of the comb broke. I continued to try and use it anyway, but it had lost some of its flexibility and I had to end up replacing it. I suspect that due to the nature of the flexibility of the product it’s more prone to breaking. However, I purchased a replacement comb a month or two ago and it’s just fine.

I highly recommend this product to anyone with fine, easily tangled hair or those with hard water. I’ve

been told by stylists in the past that using hard water greatly contributes to tangles. This would also be great for anyone with think, curly or unruly hair. Just be careful not to be rough with it or it could break. You may want to steer clear of this product if you don’t want to be prepared to possibly replace it every six months or so, otherwise you can try to use detangling products in combination with the comb. I’ve had a lot of luck combining this comb with the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave in Conditioning Cream.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120071585430531/k2311a0720/7.20.12