Brillo Window and Glass Cleaner  » Housewares  »
  • I recommend sourcing a lint free cloth to prevent bits of fluff sticking to the window, I hate it when that happens and think the windows look better dirty than covered in lint

• by roundabout

Now summer is (allegedly) here my windows showed themselves up as the grimy smeary things they were; no I don’t live in a slum, but the bright summer sunrays show every single mark on the glass to great effect - meaning I needed to get my rubber gloves on and give them a clean.  I’m not brand loyal when it comes to cleaning products and bought the Brillo Window and Glass cleaner when I saw it on half price promotion, until that point I hadn’t been aware that Brillo made this type of product but I trust the brand so decided to try it.

The Window and Glass cleaner comes in a typical bottle for a household cleaner with a trigger mechanism for dispensing the bright blue liquid in a

fine mist over whatever surface you are planning to clean. It’s mainly for glass items and your windows but I’ve also found it to be very effective on the ceramic tiles that take up most of my kitchen and bathroom walls.

To use it you simply spray the cleaner all over the windows and wipe straight off using a clean cloth. A buffing motion is perfect as that not only allows me to clean the window but also leaves the surface clear and streak free; I recommend sourcing a lint free cloth to prevent bits of fluff sticking to the window, I hate it when that happens and think the windows look better dirty than covered in lint!

My partner washes the outside of the windows with a bucket of ...

• soapy water but I’ve been using this Brillo cleaner for the inside and have had very good results.  It’s not a miracle product and you still need to use plenty of elbow grease to get your windows and glass sparkly clean, but with a little bit of effort you can have everything spotless and fresh looking. I used it for the PVC window frames simply because it was easier to spray everything than swap cleaners halfway through the job, it made them very wet but after a fair bit of soaking up and wiping the white plastic looked brighter than it has done for a long time!

The smell of the Brillo Window and Glass cleaner isn’t nice, it’s the same as any other cleaner of this type with a

chemical smell that they don’t even try to pretty up. This is an inoffensive one compared to other glass cleaners I’ve used, it doesn’t linger either (thank goodness!) and once your cleaning job is finished there won’t be more than a trace of the cleaning fluid smell in the air.

I’m really impressed with this Brillo product; it cleans all the glass surfaces in my home with ease. It’s brilliant on the glass panels in my coffee table and as the solution is so thin (water consistency) it gets into the seams between the glass and wood, usually this is something that would annoy me but the mist seems to push any tiny bits of debris out to leave me with a completely clean table rather than just the parts you can see!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5319071585390731/k2311a0719/7.19.12