Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 14.1 MP Digital Camera  » Cameras  »
  • I bought this digital camera in December 2010 as a Christmas gift to myself
  • The thing I like about it is it's easy to carry compared to my previous Kodak digi cam which was a lot heavier
  • It's convenient when I want to take a picture right away
  • I love how this camera take high definition videos
  • As soon as I have extra money, I will definitely buy another digital camera

• by sophjas

I bought this digital camera in December 2010 as a Christmas gift to myself. I found the best deal in Amazon.com for $139. It features a 14.1 megapixel and 8x optical zoom which attracted me to buy the camera in the first place.

I’ve been using it since January 2011 till now and it still works. Thanks to the way I took care of it, the camera still works like I just purchased it. The thing I like about it is it’s easy to carry compared to my previous Kodak digi cam which was a lot heavier. It’s a point-and-shoot camera which is perfect to carry in my purse or diaper

bag when I am going out with my family. It’s convenient when I want to take a picture right away. Another feature I like about this camera is the wide optical zoom which is 8x. It makes it easier to take a closeup picture of an object or person from a distance. Its 14 MP capability allows me to crop a photo and still expect the finished output to be clear and not blurry compared to cameras with less megapixels. I love how this camera take high definition videos. I used this a lot of times recording milestones of my children and the videos turned out good. I like the fine quality of the video plus clarity of sound produced. It’s a great alternative to the bulky video camera I have. The only downside to taking videos with this one though is that once I start recording, I could no longer use the zoom feature. I could only do that before I press the start button.

Now to the less desirable qualities of this camera that I don’t like. This digital camera doesn’t take good pictures all the time. In the times I used it, I was able to take good pictures and bad ones depending on the lighting. One day, I realized that I have to focus properly on the ...

• Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH20 14.1 MP Digital Camera
      object by pressing the button on top halfway and wait for the object to be clear enough, then I proceed to take the picture. This is not very helpful when I’m taking photos of my kids who move very fast. Also, I don’t see much difference in the AI mode and normal mode. I noticed when I take pictures outside when there’s too much light, the photos tend to be too bright even if I adjusted the angle or use the different picture mode. Sometimes, I get disappointed because the button on the top used to take the picture tend to stop working when you press it very hard, which
      made me miss the opportunity to take the specific photo I want on a person or object. It upsets me always when this happens. The other thing I don’t like is when it’s time for me to download the picture to my computer, I have to use the USB cord because my computer doesn’t read SDXC memory card. I have to make sure the battery is fully charged before I can start downloading. Ugh! Pain in the butt!

Overall, this camera is OK. It’s not the best, but it works for now. As soon as I have extra money, I will definitely buy another digital camera. Probably from Kodak or Cannon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4319071585300731/k2311a0719/7.19.12