Sony Cybershot DSC-S2100 camera  » Cameras  »
  • However, I don't find myself taking too many long range pictures, because I know that the lens is not equipped to do so
  • The camera's stability control corrects for this problem, leaving little evidence of any movement whatsoever

• by Neil Ashmon

Sony Cybershot DSC-S100 camera has been a good camera for me, because I am not really familiar with taking pictures, and have not been involved in photography for a long time. I was able to learn how to use this camera, without having to read any instructions Literally, all that I had to do was point and shoot.

When I’m taking pictures of people, all that I have to do, is make sure everyone is in the frame; so that I can see them on the digital LCD screen, and the camera will auto focus on the faces by itself. This is my favorite feature of this camera, because my pictures turn out just as clear and vibrant as some of the pictures that my my

photography aficionado friends take.

When I am taking pictures of objects, I don’t have to make any adjustments. The settings on the camera automatically adjust for me. All that I have to do is press the button down all the way and the images come up clearly in focus. As a matter fact, I have never had to tune the settings on this camera; it automatically adjust for me, and this has been a lifesaver, because I have been able to spend my time actually taking pictures; and not just learning how to take pictures.

The12 megapixels provide enough resolution for any object that I’m photographing, however it seems as if the 3X optical zoom function does not work well with this model of the Sony Cybershot. When you use the optical zoom, the image becomes slightly distorted and out of focus; if you zoom in more than twice. This means that when I am shooting objects that are far off in the distance, especially if they are small, there will be some distortion in the final product. However, I don’t find myself taking too many long range pictures, because I know that the lens is not equipped to do so.

When it comes to accurately reproducing colors,this camera does an excellent job and saves me a lot of time, because I do not have to bother with using photo editing software to adjust color variations in my photos. This camera takes care of that for me automatically. Even though the camera ...

• Sony Cybershot DSC-S2100 camera
      does work well on the automatic macro setting, when you’re shooting pictures of smaller objects, like fruit, I have found that it works best for larger objects; especially people and faces at close distances.

Another important fact to note is that I don’t use a tripod. This mean that no matter how much I try to keep my hands still while taking a photograph, there is always some slight vibration that takes place. The camera’s stability control corrects for this problem, leaving little evidence of any movement whatsoever; after the picture is taken.

I do not use the video recording function on this camera too often. However, I have found that I need an extra light source, in order for the images to be discernible. When

you are recording, the images come out very dark. Furthermore, I have found that the Sony DCS-S2100 provides it’s bet performance in daylight. The flash on the camera is utterly inadequate, so I never use it after it starts to become dark or when the lighting conditions are not optimal. In fact, when I take pictures in a normally lit room, images come out pretty dark and have a major lost in detail.

In general, the Sony Cybershot DCS-S2100 is pretty good, if you have to take pictures of large objects and people. On the flip side, this camera falls short when it comes to responding to lighting variations, especially with low light levels, but when it comes to taking pictures outside in daylight, it produces excellent high quality pictures.

bubbly says :

re : The camera’s stability control corrects for this problem, leaving little evidence of any movement whatsoever
Yes, soni cybershot 12.1 mega pixel is not good to take much distance picture. Because zooming function will not work very well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4319071585290631/k2311a0719/7.19.12