Rosal LipBalm colour & shine  » Cosmetics  »
  • So about a few weeks ago I saw Rosal LipBalm colour & shine in one shop and it cost only 1.29 Euro
  • So you don’t even have to guess, of course I bought it and I added it to my collection of lip balms
  • I like it a lot especially because it also remains on your lips, although not for long
  • I must admit that I prefer softer balms because they leave thicker trace on your lips and you don’t have to press them
  • I doubt I will ever buy Rosal LipBalm colour & shine again and I certainly wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy it, except of you like hard lips balms that don’t leave thick strata of the balm on your lips

• by sonjica

Lip balms and lip glosses are something that I always have with me, not just on the winter days when it is cold outside but also in the house. I Use Lip balms much more than lip glosses because lip balms make your lips feel soft and they also protect them, they hydrate and nourish them. Sometimes even when I am thirsty and I can’t drink because I am somewhere when I can’t get to the water immediately I apply lip balm on my lips and the thirst is almost gone instantly.

Although I already have a lot of products for my lips I can’t really resist them, especially when I see they are on discount. So about a few weeks ago I saw Rosal LipBalm colour & shine in one shop and it cost only 1.29 Euro. The price is really incredible because they usually cost around 2 Euro or even more. So you don’t even have to guess, of course I bought it and I added it to my collection of lip balms.

This one comes in dark red container and it is a dark red cherry colour. It smells great, just like cherries. The fragrance is really strong, long lasting and intensive. I like it a lot especially because it also remains on your lips, although not for long. Not many lip balms have a nice fragrance, actually they are mostly odourless.

The balm is rather hard, it isn’t very greasy. I must admit

that I prefer softer balms because they leave thicker trace on your lips and you don’t have to press them. This one doesn’t leave a thick mark; actually you have to apply it several times if you want to be able to feel that your lips are greasy. Somehow if I don’t feel my lips are greasy I don’t think they are protected and I keep applying the balm until I think that the layer of it on my lips is thick enough. The taste of this product is not that bad. I have tasted several products for the lips that had much worst flavour. This balm is a bit sweet and tastes likes cherries but not a lot and the taste is neither plastic nor artificial and I like that very much. I think that the taste is very important in a lip product because if you don’t like the taste you won’t wear it and if you don’t wear it you won’t buy it again. Well, at least that is the way I function.

I bought this lip balm because it was read. I rarely wear make up and I mostly have transparent, pearly or/and light pink balm, and they leave barely and colour on my lips. Sometimes where I don’t wear any make up I like that at least my lips have a bit more colour. I thought this lip balm would be a great solution to this problem but I wasn’t completely ...

• right. I wasn’t completely wrong either but I wasn’t right. This balm leaves red mark on your lips but the trace is kind a weird, it doesn’t satisfy my expectations. I wanted all of my lips to look read but they don’t they seem to be only partially red. How is that possible? Well, I don’t know, I guess that’s because the colour is so weak and pale that it does not notice much so as I keep applying the balm some parts get more colour and some get less of it. If you apply the balm to the other parts of your skin, I did that because I wanted to test the colour so I applied it to my wrist, you will see that the red colour is quite intensive but as the lips are already pinkish and reddish I guess the colour doesn’t get its full intensity. I am pretty disappointed by that because the primer reason I bought this balm was the colour.

Rosal LipBalm colour & shine promises colour and shine. As I have already started, it doesn’t come to its promise when it is about the colour but the shine is OK. I mean, it isn’t the same as when you put a lip gloss on your lips but this isn’t a lip gloss. The shine is not a brilliant one, it is there but it isn’t intensive.

This product makes your lips really soft but only if you apply a

lot of it to your lips. I feel that it burns my lips. I don’t know if that is because I apply it for too long so I pass my lips with it too many times and I kind a irritate them or that’s because of something in the balm but the fact is that I use this lip balm less than any other one I have. I mainly use it for colour and after I usually apply another protective balm on my lips. That way I don’t have to apply a lot of it because my lips are already protected because are covered with some other softer and greasier balm but I still get some colour on them.

So in the end except a really low price and the wonderful cherry fragrance I can’t say that I like this balm much. It just isn’t all I am expecting from a lip balm and that’s protection and soft lips plus colour and shine in this case. I am glad I didn’t pay much for this product because it really doesn’t worth much, I don’t even think it is worth the 1.29 Euro I paid for it but I am totally glad I didn’t pay the full price for it. I doubt I will ever buy Rosal LipBalm colour & shine again and I certainly wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy it, except of you like hard lips balms that don’t leave thick strata of the balm on your lips.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118071585120531/k2311a0718/7.18.12