Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 50 Sunblock Spray
  • Thanks to this product I was able to successfully avoid getting a sunburned even after several hours lounging by the pool
  • Although the spray seemed much more convenient than the lotion alternative at first, I soon found that I was losing most, I would say as much as 70% if not more, of the product to the air as it made its journey from the bottle to my skin
  • Additionally, on more than one occasion when I was standing next to a person using a sunscreen spray I found myself with a mouthful or even noseful of the product due to the wind carrying it over
  • The bottom line is that the Neutrogena Sunblock is a quality product but its spray container, while definitely hip and innovative, might not be the best economical purchase
  • On the other hand, I would still recommend the spray to people with young children, or really anyone who is annoyed at compulsive lathering, because the application process is a lot easier and more hassle free

• by sp

The convenience of a spray on sunscreen has always seemed very alluring to me, so I have finally purchased the Neutrogena Wet Skin SPF 50 Sunblock Spray in my local Walgreen’s. Like all Neutrogena products I have tried in the past, it is very gentle on my finicky, break-out prone skin. While the typical sunscreen smell is still there, it is not overpowering. And of course, it does what it promises: protects your skin against dangerous UV rays.

This specific product was designed to stay on longer even in wet conditions, but of course you must reapply

it periodically especially after rubbing skin with a towel or prolonged exposure to water. Thanks to this product I was able to successfully avoid getting a sunburned even after several hours lounging by the pool. The specific SPF number will depend on an individual’s skin and past experiences with the sun. SPF 50 seems a bit high for me but I find that when it comes to skin it’s best to be overly protected.

The problems that I have experienced with the product originate exclusively from the container. Although the spray seemed much more convenient than the ...

• lotion alternative at first, I soon found that I was losing most, I would say as much as 70% if not more, of the product to the air as it made its journey from the bottle to my skin. Additionally, on more than one occasion when I was standing next to a person using a sunscreen spray I found myself with a mouthful or even noseful of the product due to the wind carrying it over. I have also found that the nozzle is hard to press when my hands are sticky/slippery from the recently applied sunscreen
        (I use my hands to even out the spray, making sure all parts of my body are covered).

The bottom line is that the Neutrogena Sunblock is a quality product but its spray container, while definitely hip and innovative, might not be the best economical purchase. If deciding between the spray and the lotion, take into account the money worth of each. On the other hand, I would still recommend the spray to people with young children, or really anyone who is annoyed at compulsive lathering, because the application process is a lot easier and more hassle free.

Sophia says :

re : Thanks to this product I was able to successfully avoid getting a sunburned even after several hours lounging by the pool
    I, for one, have very light skin that burns easily. This sunblock did last longer than some others while simply lounging poolside, but when paired with swimming, this sunblock did not hold up to the standard.

highlight
    Jennifer says :

Hi Sophia, I have found that Neutrogena with Helioplex is one of Neutrogena’s better sunscreens for swimming. However, experience has shown that the brand that does the best at being waterproof is Banana Boat. My husband uses Banana Boat Sport SPF 50 when he swims and he never gets burned.

Also, most sunscreens require that they be reapplied every hour or so to achieve maximum protection. This particularly true if users are swimming. My husband reapplies his periodically throughout his swim routine, and so I would suggest reapplying it periodically. Hope this helps.

highlight

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118071584940531/k2311a0718/7.18.12