NordicWare Giraffe Whisk  » Housewares  »
  • Oh, there are plenty out there to choose from but most manufacturers seem to think children don't need quality items and after spending a small fortune on (as it turned out) inferior whisks and beaters I turned to my favourite bakeware company NordicWare

• by roundabout

Whenever I am baking my five year old daughter likes to help, she has lots of child sized utensils but one thing we were struggling to find was a smaller than average whisk. Oh, there are plenty out there to choose from but most manufacturers seem to think children don’t need quality items and after spending a small fortune on (as it turned out) inferior whisks and beaters I turned to my favourite bakeware company NordicWare.

The whisk I found on their website looked great and as it was just $5 I decided to buy it, thinking that it couldn’t be any worse than the most recent kids whisk I purchased which literally fell apart after just two uses. The NordicWare whisk is designed with a plastic

handle which is shaped like the head and neck of a giraffe, the whisk itself is stainless steel to be lightweight and not prone to rusting.

The dimensions are perfect for children with the length of the whisk from the bottom of the whisk to the top of the giraffes head being around ten inches. The giraffe handle is made of a chunky smooth plastic and this helps even very young children to get a good grip of it and help mummy with the whisking, the fact that the giraffes head juts out is also a good design as it means your child won’t accidentally let go of the whisk while it’s in use. Talking of the giraffe, it’s coloured beautifully - not overly bright but has ...

• the traditional yellow and brown colouring with a haughty looking but very sweet little face.

The whisk itself is good, the individual blades are fixed securely to the neck of the giraffe and while they are loose at the end to promote good whisking they are all cut to the correct length so they don’t wobble around as my daughter uses it. The steel used to create the whisk is of good quality and is strong and stiff, at the weekend my daughter made meringue and the whisk whipped the egg whites up beautifully with very little effort.

When it comes to cleaning the whisk this is very easy and I find just whisking some hot soapy water is enough to remove pretty much all the gunk that

has collected on the blades, then a quick wipe over with a wet cloth followed by a rinse will leave the whisk looking as good as new. Leave it to dry  in the air before storing and your whisk will be ready to use again in no time.

My daughter absolutely loves this whisk and I think the child inspired handle is brilliant as it encourages children to get involved in cooking and baking. It’s comfortable for her to hold in her small hands but the length means she can get to the bottom of the bowl or jug easily to ensure all the dry ingredients are incorporated into the mixture.  I completely recommend this gorgeous and effective whisk, it not only looks great but works a treat too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5317071584890131/k2311a0717/7.17.12