Pet Supplies Plus Pet Store
5300 North Port Washington Rd Glendale WI 53217
  • After writing a review for the Fancy Feast Mornings brand cat food, I decided to treat my pets and get them some of this food
  • I like shopping at this location since it’s on my way home from work and is very close to the freeway off and on ramp for easy access
  • It’s very difficult to find this sort of food elsewhere and when I came to this store I found both dry and wet food that she could eat
  • The last time I was here I was a bit disappointed
  • I was able to save quite a bit doing research on my own and purchasing food for my diabetic cat here versus purchasing prescription food through my vet, and it was far more convenient for me as well

• by cmurray081981

I shop at Pet Supplies Plus every so often when I am looking for special food, treats or toys not available at the big box retailers. After writing a review for the Fancy Feast Mornings brand cat food, I decided to treat my pets and get them some of this food. I originally found it at Target so I figured a specialty pet store would carry this food for sure.

I like shopping at this location since it’s on my way home from work and is very close to the freeway off and on ramp for easy access. The store is a bit small but the aisles are laid out in an organized manner with sections for dogs, cats, fish and small animals. They carry very nice pet carrying cases. I purchased a Bergan comfort carrier here when it was on sale and got a great deal. I’ve also purchased specialty cleaning supplies here for when my elderly cat was diagnosed with diabetes and had started to urinate outside her litter box. They carried enzymatic cleaners that promised to eliminate the odor and pheromones that would keep her from coming back to the same spots over and over and they worked very well. I also purchased the cat massager on clearance here which

my younger cat adores and I got a great deal on. I also like that they have a discount club card that can be used on select items during special promotions.

I started to come here when my cat was first diagnosed with diabetes since she needed to be on a special diet that consisted of low carb food without grains. It’s very difficult to find this sort of food elsewhere and when I came to this store I found both dry and wet food that she could eat. She struggled a bit with keeping this food down, so I returned yet again to purchase other varieties of food she could eat without exacerbating her medical condition with success. I also have shopped here for soft chewable pill pockets that greatly helped me to administer her pills. Anyone with cats knows just how difficult this process can be. She gulped down the pill pockets without even noticing the pill inside. They also carry freeze dried meat treats for both dogs and cats. I give these to my sick cat after giving her an insulin shot as a reward. I can also mash these up for her to eat since she’s missing quite a few teeth. If she doesn’t eat all her wet cat ...

• food right away, I mash up these treats and sprinkle them on her food and she eats up any remainders quickly.

When I first got my kitten I also frequented this store to get the Fancy Feast variety kitten food which was not widely available elsewhere. They also have quite a variety of cat toys organized by age and interest (playing, scratching, feeding, dental, etc.) which was ideal for me. I was able to easily find and purchase different kinds of toys for my kitten to keep him entertained while I was at work all day long. He certainly was able to get a lot of pent up energy out using these toys instead of getting into mischief.

The last time I was here I was a bit disappointed. I was specifically looking for the Fancy Feast morning wet cat food and it did not appear to be available at this store. I found this food at Target and when I found it was not at this pet store I was very confused and annoyed I had gone out of my way for nothing. Also, the prices here are significantly higher than a big box retailer. I could have purchased more cat food at Target for a lot less and not made

a special trip. I’m not sure at all why a specialty pet store would not have certain food items from a popular brand. Also, they do not always seem to have enough cashiers on staff to handle the checkouts sometimes. I have had to wait quite a while when I’m in a rush due to them being short staffed.

Overall I’m very pleased with the products offered at this store with only my recent experience as an exception. I’m hoping this was just a one-time issue. Until I experience any other disappointments I will continue to shop here for specialty items and will probably purchase another cat carrier here for my second cat due to the higher quality. However, most of the food and toys are significantly more expensive than at other stores. If you’re not looking for unique or specialty items you are better off purchasing the same items at a discount store. If your pet has special needs you can easily find a wide variety of food at a steep discount compared to buying from your veterinarian. I was able to save quite a bit doing research on my own and purchasing food for my diabetic cat here versus purchasing prescription food through my vet, and it was far more convenient for me as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2917071584790131/k2311a0717/7.17.12