Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave In Conditioning Cream
  • I assumed that because it was newer, expensive and smelled better that it would be a better product compared to drugstore brands
  • I purchased it initially since I was trying to grow out my hair
  • However, no semi-permanent hair color exists for that light shade of blonde so I had no choice but to return to permanent hair color

• by cmurray081981

I stopped using the Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine leave in conditioning cream when I went on a quick Aveda Damage Remedy product kick for about 3 months. I assumed that because it was newer, expensive and smelled better that it would be a better product compared to drugstore brands. Frankly, the Aveda cream smelled great and worked well but I can’t justify spending that much money on something for my hair when there are so many other suitable substitutes for a lot less. I ran out of my last tube and did not replace it. I realized I still had a full bottle of sleek and shine leave in conditioning cream and decided to go back to using it. While this product does not have a scent that compares to the Aveda product line, it’s still got a fresh and clean citrus scent.

In the meantime I had also

discovered the Organix Moroccan Argan oil and Coconut Anti Breakage Serum and have continued to use both of those products. I used to use the Aveda Damage Remedy treatment right along with them and all 3 products combined helped to reduce the massive tangling I’ve always experienced with wet hair, though the tangles still existed. Once I went back to using the Garnier product along with the argan oil and coconut serum, which I had never combined before, the tangles completely disappeared. I had never in my life experienced this before. I always had some tangles that I would have to work through with a wide tooth comb no matter what products I’ve used. I’m so glad I went back to using the Garnier product or I would never have discovered this miraculous result. Now, I no longer have to work through tangles that break my hair or have ...

• a lot of stray hairs that have pulled out in the process all over my clothes.

This product also protects and moisturizes hair. I purchased it initially since I was trying to grow out my hair. Now, my hair is about the length I want it to stay at but I recently started to dye my hair bleach blond again. My stylist advised me to stick with semi-permanent hair color since it does not lift out color and only deposits it. However, no semi-permanent hair color exists for that light shade of blonde so I had no choice but to return to permanent hair color. Of course, the lifting of color is where all the damage occurs. I’ve went through two rounds of bleach blonde permanent hair color that lift and deposit color, both times using the full hair instructions since both dyes were slightly different tones. After

using this product my hair is still soft, shiny and healthy even after using very damaging hair dye. The last time I went to my stylist, she was training a new hire and left her with me to practice her curling techniques. The stylist in training commented on how soft, shiny and healthy my hair was. What better compliment can a product get than that? Best of all, the Garnier Fructis Smooth and Shine Leave in Conditioning Cream is very affordable at less than $5 for a bottle. The bottle is huge and lasts 6 months for me with 4-5 times a week usage. It’s also available at the big box retailers and grocery stores. I can’t even believe I stopped using this for a few months for an excessively expensive product that didn’t even work as well. I certainly won’t be making that kind of unnecessary purchase ever again!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117071584770131/k2311a0717/7.17.12