NordicWare Cast BBQ Sauce and Bean Pot  » Housewares  »
  • My fairly thin bottomed pans wouldn't cope with the harsh heat from our gas BBQ so bringing them outside isn't an option, I had no idea you could buy a specific item to do this job until I was browsing the NordicWare website recently where I found this BBQ Beans and Sauce Pot - exactly what I was looking for so I snapped two up
  • The base is wide enough to give the pot stability while it's on the BBQ grill or stovetop but has been designed to be narrower at the bottom to avoid taking up too much room while you're cooking other things
  • I'd still recommend using a cloth to pick up the pot, if only to ensure you can get a good enough grip to safely move it around when filled

• by roundabout

As a family we like to use our BBQ as much as possible in the summer months, but one thing that has always irritated me is having to go back inside to heat up beans or sauces using a saucepan. My fairly thin bottomed pans wouldn’t cope with the harsh heat from our gas BBQ so bringing them outside isn’t an option, I had no idea you could buy a specific item to do this job until I was browsing the NordicWare website recently where I found this BBQ Beans and Sauce Pot - exactly what I was looking for so I snapped two up.

Each pot holds just over one litre which is enough beans to feed a family with their barbecued meat or absolutely plenty of sauce for everyone.

They are made of cast aluminum which has been given a non-stick coating to ensure your food cooks evenly but won’t stick to the interior of the pot.

I like the cylindrical design as it makes storing them very easy if you have more than one due to the fact that they will stack inside one another. The base is wide enough to give the pot stability while it’s on the BBQ grill or stovetop but has been designed to be narrower at the bottom to avoid taking up too much room while you’re cooking other things.  The high sides prevent splashes but don’t make it particularly easy to spoon out the contents once you’ve heated them, the wide rim means it’s pretty much impossible to actually pour sauce or beans ...

• from the pot without making a real mess so I’d recommend purchasing a long handled ladle for serving purposes.

The pots are very simple to keep clean with even sticky sauces wiping off after the briefest soak in hot soapy water. Straightforward baked bean sauce can be removed in a minute as nothing will adhere to the interior of the pot, obviously you need to take care that you don’t burn whatever you’re cooking as that will most certainly stick but again a brief soak will remove the bulk of it although you may need to use a non-stick safe scourer to shift the final small and stubborn pieces of food. Regular stirring will usually prevent any burning although these clever little pots conduct heat so well that food does tend

to cook quicker than in a saucepan which means you need to check it slightly more often.

The design of the pot incorporates two handles (the rim I mentioned earlier doubles as the handles), these get quite hot during cooking but cool fairly quickly when you’ve removed it from the heat. I’d still recommend using a cloth to pick up the pot, if only to ensure you can get a good enough grip to safely move it around when filled.

I really like using these little pots, for such a simple idea it’s surprising how much easier they’ve made by life. Now when we BBQ I don’t have to keep going in and out of the house when we need hot barbecue sauce or beans - recommended to anyone who likes to BBQ.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5315071584700431/k2311a0715/7.15.12