Hill’s Science Diet Adult Cat Food  » Pets  »
1.0
  • Now that I buy high quality pet food, I know that it is not supposed to look like that
  • While this isn't the cheapest food you can buy (in content or in price), it definitely isn't worth it if you compare the price to the off-brand food, and then compare the ingredients to those same brands
  • I suggest something grain free and with real meat

• by Mars

I use to feed my cats this before I knew what was really in it. The front of the bag says recommended by veterinarians. And it is.

For years vets have been recommending it and selling it in their offices. Science Diet sponsors animal events and continued learning for veterinary professionals.

They donate their food to shelters through a program. Their image

is of a high quality food.

In reality however, it contains by-products- meats that were not fit for human consumption. Fillers that are not easy for animals to digest- corn.

Chemicals to preserve the shelf-life. As I said, I use to buy this for my poor cats.

The food is stinky and grainy. There are crumbles and disintegrating pieces at the bottom of the bag.

The expiration date is always far enough off to buy in bulk. That’s how pet food is suppose to look, right? That’s how long it’s supposed to last, right? Now that I buy high quality pet food, I know that it is not supposed to look like that.

It shouldn’t crumble. It shouldn’t smell weird- it should smell like ...

• Hill's Science Diet Adult Cat Food
      the ingredients that it says it contains.

When I was feeding my cats this food, their literboxes were unpleasant smelling and they threw up a few times a week. When a vet exam revealed a possible food allergy for one of my cats, I made the switch to something more natural.

While this isn’t the cheapest food you can buy (in content

or in price), it definitely isn’t worth it if you compare the price to the off-brand food, and then compare the ingredients to those same brands. What you are looking at is the addition of a brand name and a few healthy things thrown in.

I don’t feel that a shiny bag or some barley is all that much different. I suggest something grain free and with real meat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2913071584530731/k2311a0713/7.13.12