Otto’s Wine Cask Liquor Store  » Business  »
4600 W Brown Deer Rd, Brown Deer WI 53223
  • I love that Otto’s has such a huge selection of wines
  • I like that these specialty cocktail brands are located right next to one another so they are easy to find and I can see new brands and flavors that I want to try right away
  • I highly recommend Otto’s for all your wine, beer, liquor and specialty drink needs

• by cmurray081981

The closest liquor store to my home is Otto’s Wine and Spirits. It’s very conveniently located about a 5 minute drive from my household and I also pass it every day on my way home from work. I always go here for specialty beer, cocktails, wine and anything else I can’t find at my local grocery store. I’ve also found that the prices here are most often lower than the same items at a grocery store.

I love that Otto’s has such a huge selection of wines. I recently went to a wine tasting with my mom and purchased a few bottle there. Though I drank all those wines in about a month, I was able to go back to Otto’s and have a sales associate assist me with finding a couple of the brands I liked the most. It’s great to know that I can quickly get assistance in finding whatever it is I’m looking for, especially since the wine section

is so large and overwhelming. I can also easily find the Skinnygirl cocktail line and other specialized diet cocktails. I like that these specialty cocktail brands are located right next to one another so they are easy to find and I can see new brands and flavors that I want to try right away. I usually end up leaving the store with a lot more flavors than I anticipated getting.

I only wish their beer selection was a bit more varied. There is only about half an aisle of specialty beers and 6 coolers full of refrigerated beer. The beer in the coolers tends to be more widely popular and mainstream beer which I don’t care for as much as the microbrews. My favorite beer is seasonal and is only available at certain times of year but once Otto’s starts to carry the line again I tend to stock up on it. Sometimes when I come to the store to pick it ...

• up the shelf is empty and I have to track someone down to ask if they’re out or if some might be in back. However, I did once come to Otto’s to search for another beer in particular and though they were out of stock they did take my phone number and promise to call me once it arrived back in stock, which they did do. I really like the customer service at this location. I’m sure I’d be hard pressed to find the same level of service at a grocery store.

There are also a lot of specials going on at Otto’s. I purchased a bottle of Veuve Cliquot for a bargain price once and was able to enjoy it with my fiance on Valentine’s Day. I normally would never spend that much on a bottle of champagne but since it was on sale I was able to purchase it for a special occasion. You can always find great deals on

wine as well, and if you’re looking for a particular kind of wine but don’t know what winery to purchase from there are many specials that allow you to pick and choose. They also post wine and beer ratings with descriptions of the flavor for those who are not sure what to look for. I’m no wine connoisseur myself and these descriptions are really helpful. Most importantly, they are accurate and I’ve never picked a wine using them that I did not enjoy.

I highly recommend Otto’s for all your wine, beer, liquor and specialty drink needs. They also offer very cute glasses and presents if you’re on your way to a dinner party and are in need of a hostess gift or if you need to bring snacks to a more informal get together. The hours are also great for an independent liquor store. You’re sure to find whatever you’re looking for and are certain to receive great customer service while you’re there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4113071584420731/k2311a0713/7.13.12