Tosa Liquor Milwaukee WI  » Business  »
1.5
6607 West North Avenue Milwaukee WI 53213
  • It’s convenient since it’s right on the corner of the intersection we need to turn off and there is always ample parking available
  • I usually end up having to settle for an old favorite that I know they will carry even if it’s not particularly what I would have chosen if I had more options available
  • I was very disappointed with their selection the last time we were here

• by cmurray081981

My fiance and I have been to Tosa Liquor a few times when we’re heading over to a friend’s house and need to bring our own drinks. It’s convenient since it’s right on the corner of the intersection we need to turn off and there is always ample parking available.

The store is very small and cramped. It also does not appear to be very clean or well kept. Normally we just go there for beer and the selection is not very good. Most of their beers are refrigerated though, which is very convenient when we just need to pick up something quick and don’t want to wait for it too cool off. I don’t

like that they do not have a good selection of individual beers to make your own six packs with. They also don’t carry either of my favorite microbrew beers when they’re in season. I usually end up having to settle for an old favorite that I know they will carry even if it’s not particularly what I would have chosen if I had more options available. The store layout is also very strange. Where you walk in you immediately see the checkout, which looks like a gas station checkout counter, and the wines and spirits. If you’re looking for beer you have to go through a small open door into a very narrow hallway where the coolers and cartons are located.

They also do not price very well. The liquor store closer to my home is much more reasonable with a better selection. I don’t ever see anyone from the staff out on the floor to answer any questions. Though I’ve never had a need for assistance, I would think a customer would need to stand in line at the checkout and waste their own time if they needed help. The selection of wines and spirits is not very good either. I checked to see if this store was carrying the Skinnygirl pina colada when it first came on the market and not only did they not have it, they ...

• Tosa Liquor Milwaukee WI
      only carried the margarita and sangria. They were missing all of the flavored vodkas, wines and even the white cranberry cosmo flavor that had been available for probably a year. There also is really no rhyme or reason to how their merchandise is arranged. Most liquor stores have wines arranged by region or flavor, and here they are just set wherever they have room. It makes it very hard to find what you’re looking for.

There is also not a very good selection of refrigerated wines. I’ve even seen sake taking up space in the cooler and I can’t imagine there is a huge demand for that.

Overall, the management is very nice and polite

but the selection and organization needs to be rethought. I would rather see more refrigerated wines and sparkling wines than sake, and they ought to try and carry newer items and spirits for those who are diet conscious. We will probably still patronize this store when we go to our friend’s house and can’t get to our local liquor store in time but I certainly would never choose to purchase drinks from this store if I was leisurely browsing for new and specific items. I was very disappointed with their selection the last time we were here. I actually feel as though my local grocery store has a better variety which is very sad, to say the least.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4113071584410731/k2311a0713/7.13.12