Blackberry Bath Bomb by Lush  » Cosmetics  »
  • Whilst out on a shopping trip in a nearby city I found myself walking past a Lush store and must admit was drawn in by the beautiful, if not potent, aroma
  • I decided to test out my bath bomb on the day of purchase as I didn't want to risk it becoming any more damaged and also the enticing fragrance made me look forward to soaking in a bath for a while
  • I would highly recommend this bath bomb as it smells divine - not artificial but incredibly juicy and really fruity - whilst cleansing my skin and leaving me feeling soft and supple afterwards

• by TickTock

I’ve heard lots about Lush cosmetics but until recently I haven’t ventured into a store to try any of their products out. Whilst out on a shopping trip in a nearby city I found myself walking past a Lush store and must admit was drawn in by the beautiful, if not potent, aroma. I had a good look around and decided on purchasing some bath products to start with to see how they would fare and this review discusses my use of a bath bomb.

My review will now focus and concentrate entirely on Blackberry Bath Bomb by Lush and I will give my honest opinions and share my experiences of using this product.

I’d heard a lot about Lush’s bath bombs and whilst I admit to showering more than bathing I was extremely tempted when I spotted this product and immediately added it to my basket.

I was advised by the kind sales assistant that if I broke the bath bomb in half it would give me two uses and would still give the same effect so I was pleased with being told this as at £2.90 it would work out a bit too expensive for just one use, occasional or not.

The bath bomb itself is far bigger than imagined and is around the size of a tennis ball, maybe a tad bigger, but when I had heard my friends talk about these products I had imagined them to be golf ball size or smaller for some reason so I was pleasantly surprised to find they were larger. The consistency is chalky and almost powdery and can easily crumble in your hands as I found out myself so I would advise that if you purchase one of these products you handle with extreme care as when I got home from my shopping trip I found that the bath bomb had large chunks missing from being knocked about inside my shopping bag.

I decided to test out my bath bomb on the day of purchase as I didn’t want to risk it becoming any more damaged and also the enticing fragrance made me look forward to soaking in a bath for a while. I started to run some hot water to fill up my bath tub and placed half of the bath bomb under the running water where it started to dissolve and fizz in my hands and gradually started to disappear so I threw the remainder straight into the bath water to watch it disperse. The bath bomb is a pretty blue/ mauve shade in colour and this is reflected once it is in the water as it turned my bath ...

• Blackberry Bath Bomb by Lush
      a deep purple at first though as soon as the bomb had finished fizzing the colour started to fade and eventually I was left with a pale mauve bath water.

The fragrance of the bath bomb is a rich and sumptuous fruity affair and once dissolved into the water the blackberry scent is just as prominent and very inviting. On stepping into the water I found it to feel silky but not in an oily manner and the blackberry essence was invigorating yet strangely relaxing at the same time. There is something very simplistic about this bath bomb and I found it extremely riveting to use as there are no fancy add ons such as glitter which I know is a prominent feature in a lot of Lush products as a lot of friends are ardent fans.

The bath bomb sufficed just as well

for a second bath and I didn’t feel at any time that I was being short changed by using one product twice as it gave fantastic results on both occasions. My skin felt heavenly to touch as it was silky soft whilst in the bath and then once I had dried myself it had a velvet like feel to it meaning I didn’t need to add any lotions afterwards so I was very pleased.

I would highly recommend this bath bomb as it smells divine - not artificial but incredibly juicy and really fruity - whilst cleansing my skin and leaving me feeling soft and supple afterwards. I have sensitive skin and this product didn’t cause any skin irritations at all so I would happily endorse and recommend it.

This is a lovely bath product that I will be buying again next time I am near a Lush store.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3113071584390731/k2311a0713/7.13.12