Udi’s Gluten Free White Bread  » Food  »
  • I do enjoy it more when it is toasted because I like it slightly crispier but it is very edible when it's not
  • I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to try out gluten free white bread

• by JPS23

It is difficult to find a great tasting gluten free white bread. I was very happy to discover this one. I had been eating a different one for a long time but it was a cheese bread, not the regular white bread. I put off trying Udi’s bread because it was a tiny bit more expensive when it was first introduced here. Plus, I was afraid to spend over six dollars on a loaf of bread only to find out that it wasn’t very good.

I must say that I got a great surprise when I tried it. The bread is

very good - it has a nice taste and texture to it. The crust is crispy and the inside of the bread is moist and soft. While most breads that are gluten free need to be toasted to taste good, this one is good whether toasted or not. I do enjoy it more when it is toasted because I like it slightly crispier but it is very edible when it’s not.

I tend to eat this bread for small meals or as a snack because it is higher in calories than regular bread. I like the extra calories but it is ...

• also very filling. It is not something that I can eat to accompany a larger meal. However, for individuals who eat larger meals, it is a good way to fill up.

Unlike other types of gluten free bread, it stays fresh for longer periods of time without going hard or moldy. I really like this aspect. The other brands I have tried go hard or moldy within three to five days, perhaps a little longer. I can have Udi’s in the fridge for well over a week without it going bad. This makes the money go further which is important with

gluten free foods.

Now the price has gone down in our grocery store by about a dollar a loaf. This makes it easier for the budget. I was very happy to see that. I would still purchase the bread at either price but now I don’t feel as guilty about it!

I would highly recommend this product to anyone who wants to try out gluten free white bread. It goes well used in sandwiches, as toast or other things such as a side to accompany soup. I am so glad that Udi’s is around. They make eating gluten free so much better!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2710071583990631/k2311a0710/7.10.12