Rohr Jewelers
813 North Jefferson Street Milwaukee WI 53202
  • I’m not sure what the expense would be for that, but I was very impressed he was willing to do so when there was no guarantee we would buy the ring from them
  • I thought it was great that Sam let me take pictures with my phone of both rings so I could compare them
  • Sam had no issue at all with me taking any pictures, which allowed me to also show friends and family the ring
  • They provided me with the appraisal right away but told me the certification was due in about a week, so I decided I might try to see how the ring felt and may have it resized then
  • I highly recommend a visit here for any piece of jewelry you’re looking for

• by cmurray081981

After searching for about a month for the perfect engagement ring, I finally found it at Rohr Jewelers. The store is conveniently located in the Cathedral Square area in downtown Milwaukee. The store itself is full of windows and is bright and cozy with wood floors and a beautiful oriental rug on the floor. This store has a much more comfortable and welcoming feeling than any other jewelry store we’d been to.

I was greeted immediately by Sam, who is the owner and gemologist. Both him and his young assistant bent over backwards to help me pick out my ring. I went there by myself since my fiance was out of town, but he was due back the next day. They graciously accommodated me when I wanted to switch back and forth between 4 different settings that did not have the center diamond set. Both Sam and his assistant were very nice and personable and answered all my questions. Sam even cleaned my faux engagement ring without me asking. He simply felt it was the right thing to do for a potential customer who was clearly not going to purchase anything in the store right then and there. I really appreciated the wonderful customer service they provided. Their selection was above and beyond the other rings I had looked at in quality and appearance. They had very beautiful and unusual designs that matched exactly with the vintage and elegant look I wanted. One ring setting had the square emerald cut and though they did not

have that cut of diamond in the store, the owner promised he would have his supplier overnight one so I could see what the proper stone looked like in that setting the next day. I didn’t even ask, he immediately offered. I’m not sure what the expense would be for that, but I was very impressed he was willing to do so when there was no guarantee we would buy the ring from them. One ring in particular really stood out to me. It was the most beautiful ring I’d seen thus far with a round center stone, halo of diamonds and accent diamonds on the band. I promised to bring my finance back the next day, which was a Saturday, to view the ring in person and see if it still impressed me as much as it did right then and there.

My fiance barely made it back in time to get to the store before it was scheduled to close but we were able to get there with 20 minutes to spare. As promised, Sam had the square cut emerald diamond and I was able to see what the ring looked like as a complete set. It was easily one of the most impressive rings I’d seen thus far but the round ring still stood out to me. I had not been prepared to make a decision right then and there and planned to take one more look at the two rings I liked at Kesslers the next day just to be sure. I thought ...

• it was great that Sam let me take pictures with my phone of both rings so I could compare them. I have heard of many instances in the whole wedding planning process where a lot of businesses don’t want their potential customers to do so in case they find a knockoff elsewhere at a steep discount. Sam had no issue at all with me taking any pictures, which allowed me to also show friends and family the ring. I did end up deciding right then and there that the round cut ring was the prettiest and best quality and my finance purchased the ring that day. Though the store was about the close any minute, Sam offered to say and set the ring the same day. I was not in a huge rush to get the ring, and he pointed out he would have more time Monday to set it, so we did settle with having the ring done over the weekend. As promised, Sam had the ring set, cleaned and completed by the end of the business day on Monday. Since the store is very conveniently located close to my job, I picked it up right after work. The only issue I have is that I wished they had measured my finger when we purchased the ring. It had been a hot and humid day and at first the ring looked as though it could fit. However, when I picked it up Monday it felt very large. They provided me with the appraisal right away
        but told me the certification was due in about a week, so I decided I might try to see how the ring felt and may have it resized then.

That night, the ring still felt dangerously loose. I certainly did not want to lose it before we could get it insured, so I brought it back the next day. They measured me this time and assured me they would resize it down and it would be done same day. Again, as promised, the ring was completed and I happily picked it up after work again. This time, the fit was perfect. Though I plan to lose some weight for my wedding and may have it sized down yet again, I appreciated that they were a bit cautious not to take it down too small so that it might be uncomfortable.

Though we are still waiting on the certification, I could not be more pleased with the products and service offered at Rohr Jewelers. Sam is the best and will work quickly to get your piece of jewelry set and cleaned the same day. The look and quality of the jewelry was by far the best of any we looked at. I’ll be sure to have them attach my band and ring together once we’ve been married and will probably return with my fiance to pick out his wedding band here as well. I can’t even say the last time I’ve experience such wonderful customer service. I highly recommend a visit here for any piece of jewelry you’re looking for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4510071583980631/k2311a0710/7.10.12