Amy B. and Co Salon  » Business  »
N64W24678 Main St Sussex WI 53089
  • After all, having an upscale service provided in an updated salon is part of the whole experience
  • The facial was not the best I’d ever had but it was OK
  • The owners of the spa should consider remodeling or soundproofing the room so the noise is not so distracting

• by cmurray081981

I’d purchased a Groupon deal for Amy B. and Co. salon for their signature facial. After using another Groupon for a spa deal, I’d realized how much I loved a relaxing facial, so when this great deal became available I knew I’d have to take advantage of it.

I had to make an appointment about a month in advance for a Saturday. The salon was located a bit farther from my home than I’d usually travel, but because the deal was so good I made the trip. It was a bit hard to find. The spa is located inside a strip mall in Sussex, WI and I was almost late for my appointment since the directions I’d printed were not clear. I ended up having to pull over and use my phone to get directions but I did manage to find it and was on time. The

picture of the salon on Amy B and Co’s website makes the business look a lot nicer than it really does. I actually found the decor to be very cheap looking in person which was disappointing. I do feel a bit more comfortable in a more trendy and updated salon. After all, having an upscale service provided in an updated salon is part of the whole experience.

I was greeted immediately and taken back for my facial. The spa room was right next to the hair salon stations and even though soothing music was playing in the room I could hear every word of every conversation taking place outside. Not very relaxing at all. There was a small attached bathroom I changed in that was also decorated in an outdated fashion. Throughout the service I tried to ignore the noise outside but it was very distracting. The ...

• facial was not the best I’d ever had but it was OK. The service consisted of an aromatherapy oil treatment in which I chose my favorite scent from three options, steaming and extraction. I liked the use of warm, damp towels wrapped over my face. It really felt comfortable and cleansing. There was also a hand treatment included which was really just a short massage. I did feel like my skin was cleaner and properly exfoliated after the service but it didn’t do much to reduce my breakouts in the days that followed. I admit I usually can’t see much difference in my skin before or after a facial so I mainly go for the experience. It also states on Amy B and Co’s website that their signature facial is supposed to last 75 minutes but mine lasted closer to 50 minutes. I realize it was a
        Groupon deal but when you buy something for a service that’s detailed online I would expect it would match or there would be a disclaimer mentioning that it would not be the same length.

Upon checkout I did tip the aesthetician based on the retail value of the service since she did a good job and was given a $10 gift certificate redeemable on products or services. I never did go back to redeem it or make another appointment. The salon is much too far away and the room designated for spa treatment is not in a good location. The owners of the spa should consider remodeling or soundproofing the room so the noise is not so distracting. If the facial had really blown me away I might have considered coming back but the entire experience I had just did not make it seem worth my time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2012. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4110071583960631/k2311a0710/7.10.12